Friday, April 30, 2021

Oh, Defense....

"You were my favorite hello and my hardest goodbye" 

Last Friday (4/23) we made the heartbreaking decision to let our boy go....I have been trying to work on this post all week but it's hard to type through the tears...



The pain was too much for him and too much for us to watch him in it... I took the time to go back through the blog with all the post tagged "Defense" and I'm so happy for the posts back when he was younger... 



and it made me remember all the times when he was in the THICK OF IT! Or leftover evidence of where he had BEEN.....OH, Defense....

and then I just need to leave these here.... because I can't see my monitor anymore....






Defense, You were kinda a pain in the butt all the time buddy but you loved us and you took the best care of my babies.... we loved you right back aside from your personality some days ;) and I hope you felt our love everyday... from bringing you EVERY.WHERE., walks on the road and in the woods, to snuggling and putting up with your annoying paw to the lap so that you could check in to see if TODAY was going to be the day that we let you be the boss (too bad it never worked...) We miss how much real estate you take up, your moochy-self cleaning the kitchen floor and how your are not begging with your eyes every time someone opens the cheese drawer... 

Poor Discus is having a rough go because her built in home-alarm system doesn't go off anymore and she has taken to sitting in this window watching for you to come home which breaks all our hearts....


You were ours and I hope you felt the love.... 
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" 
Winnie The Pooh

No comments: