Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Broken Hearted

Last Thursday after Minnie's basketball game, CountryDad came to the house to deliver devastating news that Uncle Mike had passed away that morning. Reeling is the only word I could describe... out and in...in and out... I could not make sense of it... an apparent sudden heart attack shortly after grabbing a breakfast of Aunt Carol's famous chocolate chip cookies.

In our grieving and heart break, I am finding so much gratitude and thankfulness... for ALL the time spent with him...ALWAYS making time to hang out when they came to visit, for text messages but especially for our most recent trip to GA. Other than this picture....

I didn't take any other photos of he or Aunt Carol or us together... but in my memory.... are the conversations, the car rides, the deep couch sitting, the story telling, the advice he gave me and his thoughts and views on different aspects of relationships and my life. 

Through sobbing tears I told Husband AGAIN how so very GRATEFUL I was for that trip and how supported I felt by him to be able to spend the money and time away with Minnie. Those conversations with Uncle Mike (and Aunt Carol) will forever be some of my most favorite. 

To say that I am sad doesn't scratch the surface... heartbroken... physical hurt from sadness and missing this guy that was WAY more than just "Uncle Mike" to me...

Uncle Mike Posts

No comments: