Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
The past month has been your busiest one yet. Your Daddy and I tried to think of all the things you have learned and achieved as of late and I hope we did not miss anything.
- You have mastered your walker
- You've graduated to a "big girl" carseat ~ no more baby bucket for you
- You are an expert at crawling and are a big fan of trying to chase us down
- You LOVE the trash can and it is a battle to keep you away from it (nasty)
- We are fairly certain that you have learned how to say "Da-Da" and use it appropriately :) My favorite is trying to get you to say "Ma-Ma" and have you respond with "Da-Da" and then look at him instead of me :) hee hee hee
- You were dedicated to the Lord at church this past month
- We (Daddy) had to lower your crib to the bottom setting because you kept pulling yourself up and chewing on the side rail (yick!)
- You are chewing because you have popped through 4 more teeth bringing you up to a total of SIX!!! Four on the top and 2 on the bottom...this has not gone well for your hiney Yikes!
- You are wearing mostly 9-12 month shirts and some 18 month sweatshirts
- You can fit into 3-6 month leggings in the waist no problem but they look like crop pants
- 12 month pants for length but they are WAY too big around the waist
- You have learned how to clap and you are THRILLED when we say YAAAAHHHHH for you
- You are getting really good at finger foods in your high chair and you love to be able to feed yourself Miss Independent
- I'm definately seeing that you know who I am and when you want to come to me there's no stopping whomever is holding you
A typical day for you starts around 6AM, for a few weeks there you were getting closer to 7 but now you are back towards the 5:50 time slot... Mama is NOT a fan...you get up and play, have a few Cheerios and around 7 you are ready for breakfast. You eat just about any fruit except bananas. I keep trying them with you but you pretend to gag everytime. You have a bottle and then you are down and going... sometimes you jump in your excesaucer, sometimes you race around in your walker or just crawl around playing with your toys and trying to get into things you shouldn't. Sometime between 7:45-8:30 you let us know you are ready for a nap and in the past month that nap was lasting about 2.5 hours... now we are back to 30-60 minutes. Again. Mama, not such a big fan. You are ready for another nap between 11:30-1 after a lunch of a couple of veggies and another bottle. Sometimes you take another catnap later in the afternoon if we are out and about sometimes you like to stay awake for the entire afternoon. By 4PM it isn't going well for anyone :) A late afternoon snooze is good for you. You have dinner around 5-5:30 and that is more cereal, a couple more veggies/meats and another bottle that you like to linger with for about an hour. You are in bed for the night between 6:30-7 and we do it all again the next day :)
STATS: 18 LBS 47% ~ 29 1/4" 94% ~ Head Cir. 44cm 50%
Minnie, this month's birthday report brings the summer to a close for us. Daddy started back to work three days ago and you can't figure out why Mama is sad. We had the BEST summer ever hanging out as a family together, bonding, playing, swimming, gardening, shopping, camping, spending time with friendsand family and I honestly cannot think of another summer in MY entire life that was better than this one. You are so happy, smiley and fun to be around. The more I spend time with you the more I am "addicted" to you :) While I get myself together and shift back into a routine with you this fall I'm excited about our playdates with our friends, Bible Study, trips to the library and spending time at the park while the weather holds out. It makes my heart happy that these are all things that I love to do and you do too.
We love you SO much Minnie and we are SO proud of all your accomplishments this month. You were definately keeping Mommy and Daddy on our toes with all your tricks. Good Girl.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Do you bring up shortcomings/faults to others?? Inappropriately contradict him? Unfavorably compare him with other men?
The verses Pastor used with this point are Proverbs 31:23 "Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land." and Proverbs 31:12 "She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life."
TYPICALLY and I say TYPICALLY this is not a hard one for me. I think Husband is the BEST guy around. Really. His fantastic reputation does precede him and early on in our marriage that was somewhat of a stumbling block for me. I had him up on a REALLY REALLY high pedestal and that was a little unfair.
He IS a great guy, everyone DOES love him, he has a GREAT name in our community, in his profession and with his friends. It doesn't make him perfect but he has set a really high standard. :) He is unwavering in his morals and values and knows exactly what is right and wrong. It is up to me to do everything in my power not to taint that. To speak only GOOD of him, about him, whether in front of him or behind his back. That is not TYPICALLY hard for me. Do I fall sometimes and complain perhaps once in a while to a friend. Of course. Not right though ladies... not right.
Verse 12 is pretty specific "she brings him good, not harm" um... yeah. All.The.Time. :)
What sort of things do you have to tell your Husband, fiance or the man you are praying for in your future today? CountryMum says it is OUR job to build our Husband's up. They are NOT going to get it in the workplace they are not going to get it from their buds.
If you are not complimenting your Husband... who is? And if someone else IS... uh oh. It's your job dear ones, to respect this man, build him up, compliment him and love on him. Don't let it fall into someone else's hands. Think about his strengths, tell him and then tell your girlfriends.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
I look forward to the smooth roads ahead holding hands and living life and I pray for the days that will be challenging and know that we can make it through the Lord and only together as a team.
I love you baby and I hope you know how much. Happy Anniversary.