Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesdays in the WORD

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Is anyone out there and still with me?? :)

Our next point is "Do you talk FOR your Husband or interrupt him?"

I Corinthians 13:4-5 I'm sure even those that are unsaved and perhaps reading this are thinking... oh yeah... the "Wedding" chapter in the Bible... it's true :) lots of good "LOVE" stuff in that chapter but what Pastor P really zeroed in on was

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs"

What I really zeroed on in was... "it is not rude, it is not self-seeking" if you are constantly talking OVER/for or interrupting... 1) I think it's rude and 2) aren't you always thinking of the next thing YOU are going to say versus what the person talking is ACTUALLY saying? hrrrm... tough nut to swallow sometimes for the girl who likes to talk with the Husband who likes to just hang and listen :)

I REALLY try to work on being a good listener though. ESPECIALLY being married to someone who doesn't talk a whole lot. When he does... he typically has something to say that is fairly important. At least I think so :) How much might we wives miss if we don't zip our OWN lips to listen to the still small quiet voices of our very wise Husbands? At least I think MINE is :)

I wish I'd taken better notes on this particular point from Pastor P... I bet I'm missing a WHOLE bunch this time :) Man I miss him...

No comments: