And a little snuggle to end the evening... sweet :)
Thursday, February 28, 2008
And a little snuggle to end the evening... sweet :)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
coming STRAIGHT AT US!!! :)
After I'd taken the pic I said "oh shoot, we should have taken it near the snow bank for Tracy!!!" :) So he up and offered to scoot over to one of the snow bankings in the parking lot, climb up to the top and have his pic taken so you can see the SNOW!!! And honestly, it doesn't really do it justice. We parked the car in front of it to try and give some parameters but.... still... don't think you can REALLY feel it... :)
1. Do you like blue cheese? In dressing and only with hot boneless chicken tenders
2. Have you ever read a book in one sitting? Mmmm I’m sure I have, but can’t remember one, unless Green Eggs and Ham counts?
7. Favorite Christmas song? The one that goes… “one silent night… one holy night.. when all was calm… when all was bright…” I THINK it is FFH but I cannot for the life of me find the song or manage to get a copy of it.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Husband’s coffee… I mean not the coffee he poured for himself but I like the coffee he makes for me the best
9. Can you do push-ups? Yeah… but why would you WANT to?
10. Favorite thing about the person who sent this to you? Not sure yet. I know her but don’t really KNOW her :)
12. Favorite hobby? Does cleaning count? :) Reading.
13. Do you put butter on your popcorn? Yes. Though not technically. Husband makes that too :)
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? “Hair Trigger”
16. Middle Name(s): Elizabeth (whoa! Me too D!! :))
Is someone coming down the hallway, I should be doing the work on my desk, This is WAY more fun
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday.
Um… nothing. Literally did not spend any $$ yesterday.
19. Name 3 things you drink on a regular basis.
o Diet Pepsi
20. Current worry right now? My family and our broken hearts, the Mom I mentioned that has cancer, my cousin who has cancer, my parents, my grandparents failing health… oh wait… we are commanded not to worry right? Oh yah.
21. Current hate right now? That I’m at work and want to be home :)
22. Favorite place to be? Rangeley with Husband
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Um… honestly. Not sure. Oh yah. This on NYDay
24. Where would you like to go? Italy with Husband
25. Name three people who will complete this? I’m not holding my breath that anyone else will do this unless they are desperate for a blog post, ha ha. (Ditto again)
26. Do you own slippers? yes
27. What shirt are you wearing? A brown ¾ sleeve (I’m boycotting the 6-12” of snow that is coming)
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never have. I LOVE and HAVE TO HAVE Sateen though. Oooooo laaa laaa
29. Can you whistle? Yep
30. Favorite color? Celery Green
31. Would you be a pirate? The stealing part, no. The out at sea part, no. The fun outfits and warm weather, SURE :)
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Don’t typically sing in the shower
33. Favorite girl’s name? Marina Jane
34. Favorite boy’s name?
35. What’s in your pocket right now?
36. Last thing that made you laugh? The guy I support being “himself” in a meeting with 25 of our co-workers.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Sateen. :) it’s my mother’s fault I’m so picky about my sheets.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Thankfully, I can’t think of one??
39. Do you love where you live? Yes, yes and again I say YES. :)
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three… two that we actually use… one in the basement
41. Who is your loudest friend? I think I’M people’s loudest friends! :) Maybe SIL Betsy though :)
42. How many dogs do you have? One. The best one EVER. (Pic from the snow storm last night 2/26)
43. Does someone have a crush on you? I HOPE Husband
45. What is your favorite book? Anything that has a good ending where the boy and girl fall in love and get married.
46. What is your favorite candy? Snickers
47. Favorite Sports Team? RED SOX
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I can’t answer that. I won’t care. I will be rejoicing in heaven with my Savior. But, whatever would give my family peace.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? SLEEPING. Who needs to be up at that time!?!?!?
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Yucky, I have to have blood taken this AM.
51. Do you have a dishwasher? YES
52. Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors? Carpet and I HATE HATE HATE it.
53. What room is your computer in? My den
54. Are there pictures hanging in your living room? Yes. A map of Rangeley, and pics of 5 out of 7 nieces and nephews.
55. What personality trait gets on your nerves the most? Arrogance (ditto-ing that one too)
56. What decade were you born in? the 70’s
56. Do you like to entertain? YES! I love having people in my home to share a meal and/or just hang out
57. What were you doing exactly an hour ago? Probably this list…
58. Do you like to wear hats? Yep. My Red Sox hat and my cowboy hat!!! :)
59. Last thing you read? A blog
60. Favorite website? Blogs of friends ~ (Ditto)
61. Last person you emailed? Tracy
62. Last person who emailed you? Tracy
63. Do you own any season DVDs? Dawson Creek Seasons 1-4 J Wish, pray and hope for the complete Friends Seasons 1-10 at every birthday, Christmas gift holidays
64. Last thing you ate? See 46
65. Favorite toy as a child? Tina. Until her head fell off and my mother threw her away. Still carrying that pain.
66. Have you ever ridden on a train? Yes.
67. Favorite subject in school? Socializing? Does that count?
68. What do you see out your window? At work, RT 1, buildings, dirty snow banks, grey skies and the bright Irving Gas price sign
69. Baths or showers? Showers. Though I do love my garden tub with jets :) (little bit rubbing it in D :))
70. Name of favorite cousin? Can I answer that? I have a couple that read this blog. :)
71. Worst movie you ever saw? Napoleon Dynamite
72. Biggest change this past year? Lost my FIL :(
73. What hurts you the most? Disappointment
74. Biggest regret? 18-23
75. Person from your childhood that you remember most fondly? Mrs. Zazak, 1st grade :)
76. What is the third digit of your current weight? Fluxuates between 5-9
77. How many personal snail mail notes or letters have you sent in the past month? None. But I NEED to get some boxes in the mail to some people!!!
78. Favorite form of art? Music
77. Worst date you ever had? ??
78. Second favorite color? Chocolate brown
79. Have you ever met anyone in person that you had first met online? No
80. Funniest person you know? Tracy (D, she’s in my list 3 times now… def. head swelling :))
81. Last word you googled? FFH, see 7
82. Favorite author? Not sure…
83. Favorite fictional character? Mary Fiore ~ The Wedding Planner
84. Last time you ate out? Lunch today on my way to a meeting
85. The hardest thing you have ever done? see 72
86. Talent you wish you had? Play piano
87. Are you a good cook? Yep! :)
88. How do you like your eggs? Scrambled or in one of Husband’s fried egg sandwiches he makes
89. Favorite vegetable? Asparagus
90. Are you a good speller? NO. In fact, I get it from my father, who is a HORRIBLE speller. My mother wanted to name me Elizabeth but my Dad was so afraid that I would take after him with his bad spelling that I would get to Kindergarten and not be able to spell my name. So they went with something shorter :)
91. What should you be doing right now? Working
92. Pet Peeve? Stupid people day. You know those days.. when literally EVERYONE is just dumb that day :) and being able to hear people "mouth breathing".
93. Who is your hero? Husband, especially after spending an overnight with my grandparents at my parents house
94. Nicest thing that happened to you today? Mmmmm day is not over so I’m going to hold out for something nice ~ good thing I did... :) came home to Husband's homemade dinner rolls... YUM YUM YUM!!!95. Favorite way to eat a potato? Mashed or twice baked
96. Do you have a blog? Uh… duh.
97. Is your hair long or short? Longish
98. What did you do last night? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! WHOOPPIEE!!!
99. Are you glad this is about done? Yes, but it was fun!
100. Favorite question? 22
Monday, February 25, 2008
We had a yummy dinner of pasta primevera with chicken...
And I got the guest room ready for some very FUN overnight guests we'll be enjoying Saturday and Sunday. So cozy you can barely see in there... I might have accidentally turned off the flash too. Whoopsie :)
Off for MORE snuggle time on the couch with Husband... ahhhh.... the sound of a relaxed, trying counting her blessings in the midst of all the sadness, girl.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
My three neices... so cute :) Apparantly... this is called ... The wedge. I was informed on Friday night...
The birthday girl with 1/2 her grandkids...
Chloe... after I took this pic she came over to see it on the camera and the first words out of her mouth... "I LOVE my shirt!" :) hee hee hee
Saturday we were able to capture a few minutes with my FAVORITE Georgians. Well, they are not REAL Georgians, but they have lived there long enough that I think you can call them that. And what do you do when you live in the south and come to Maine for the week... you take pics in the snow to show all your friends back in GA :) Funny.
I love love LOVE this Lady. I can't tell you what a pillar, a prayer warrier, a friend, a sister, an inspiration she has been to me by her love and devotion to my parents. She is my Dad's cousin, but I think if they were not related, the four of them... my parents, she and her Hubby, would still all be soul mates. I am so thankful that God has placed them all in each others lives FOR each other. It makes my heart happy.
Then it was off to MA for some MEAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT! We took Sky with the anticipation that she'd be sleeping over... her anticipation was that her brother would get done his bball tourney in time to sleepover too. Sweet. :)
I think perhaps, if you look to the left of the pic and see the nasty red... oh yes, you know what it is... THIS is what could make someone a vegetarian at a VERY young age. :)
GA, this pic is for you. Apparantly this symbol? Whatever it is... MEANS Gangsta. I'm telling you. I learned a LOT this weekend :)
After dinner of homemade pizza with Sky and the R family.. (brother made it back in time for the sleepover!! :)) there were pedicures. Here's how a convo went down while I am giving this girl a full on foot scrub, lotion, painting of the toe nails:
Me: Your toe nails grow weird???
Sky: Yah. You gotta problem with that?
Me: Turning to Husband and DYING laughing... uh....
Sky: Oh yah. I went there.
Me: WHAT!?!?!?!? INSERT MORE DYING LAUGHING HERE. The girl kills me!! :) We even scrubbed and clipped the BOYS toes!! :) (eewwwwww!!!) but don't let his face fool yah, he was THRILLED for the foot soak :) and peppermint lotion! :)
Before church... so sweet. (BAH!) :)
After church we were SPONTANEOUS! I love to be spontaneous and we went out with the S family for CHINESE FOOD. Now I am NOT a fan of the food myself so I eat limited chinese but it was such a great time to hang out with the 6 of them... I only hauled the camera out for this quick cute pic. What Mama is going to turn down a kiss from her teenie boy... even if he is COVERED in boneless spare ribs! :)
Friday, February 22, 2008
Apple Pie Bars
From my new Food and Wine magazine that I ordered from Bri's magazine drive from school. Good purchase. It is a fun and interesting (to see how the other "side" lives) read. :)
Oh yes, it DOES call for SIX STICKS of butter. :) Husband and I are going to come up with a lighter, more apple, less topping version.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Here's some prep work for the Apple Pie Bars that Husband took on as a challenge and ROCKED!
There were TWO desserts... Mum brought a frozen cranberry pineapple pie... I think she's the only one that ate it. :) Whoopsie. Husband and I offered "courtesy tastes" (to steal a line from Rebecca :) But the highlight of the evening was the above mentioned dessert. This thing is taking up my ENTIRE stove. It's HUGE!!! :)
Up close for Tracy and Laurie... Snow shoes. Isn't it what EVERYONE talks about after dinner?
Now here is the question... WHO do I look MORE like... I tried to make the same smile for both (it's L's fav. big teeth, no eyes smile) :)
Or Mum.....And a little shout out to Hong Kong tonight, or is it morning... or tomorrow? I don't know I'm so confused with time changes! :) Regardless fun chatting with you D!! :)
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Went lo0king for perhaps some new track sneakers for Husband.. not that a man needing a double hip replacement will be doing much running... :) but... no such luck anyway..
Two grocery stores later and only 4 bags... we thought we did ok. :)
Ok ok... I need ANOTHER break... Smack 'n crack for dinner with hot dogs... we didn't get home from shopping until about 7:15... good news is... we didn't eat OUT? :)
Lotta couch time... gotta love it. :)My 'rents are coming for dinner tomorrow night. I hope to capture the 12 course meal we are serving them (just kidding but there WILL be a lot of food) and I also hope to have very honest candid conversations about WHAT we are going to do regarding Nannie and Grampa... :(
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
I LOVE her hair like this... :)
There were some happy moments... they just happened BEFORE the game... Brando... are you worried? He looks kinda happy?? :) tee hee hee...
I think these two are the "ham mcmuffins" :) they are too good and too cute :)
Does this NEED any explination? These are the three LOUD, CRAZY girls who have to sit AWAY from the boys so they don't embarrass them.... :) oh I love my girls! :)
This picture says it all... since we all call Chloe crazy... I LOVE Sky's eyes... can you see it? She thinks she is too :) don't get me wrong... she loves Chloe's craziness but I love how her eyes give her away in this pic :) tee hee hee