Monday, February 18, 2008

Wow. Or maybe it should be... the longest post yet...

I have been trying to think of a catchy title all weekend... Didn't come up with anything... so I went with ... WOW. Headed into Friday afternoon I started to get panic-y about all that we had going on this weekend and I was starting to FREAK OUT.... somehow I managed to make it through (nothing short of a miracle called, HUSBAND ~)

We were "in charge" of "babysitting" Nannie and Grampa this weekend which included an over-night at my parents house Sat. We stopped there and made/ate lunch and then met up with GA and the R clan who hosted Mama to go to Brando's college bball game... what's that? GA? Oh yes... So apparantly about this time this photo was taken, Miss Sky was SUPPOSED to be sleeping... whoopsie... no one told us :) Yah. There was NO SLEEPING in our car!! :) There were however, two VERY pretty girls!! :)




It's kinda dark but I love that he TOTALLY knew I was taking his pic and got all cheesy for me! :) We girls like to pretend we're all gangsta as GA puts it... I love that we show the "I LOVE YOU" sign as our "gangsta" pose... WHAT??

After the game, the whole fam was headed out to eat but alas... we went back to my parents to have dinner with/for Nannie and Grampa. It was a good time and GA is a good sport... GA, you wanna cookie?? You want a cookie? You want a cookie... you want a COOKIE!?!? The rest of the night did not go as well as the photos below show it was going during dinner... after GA left things took a turn for the worse... and that's all I'll say about that.


Sunday after church was Caleb's b-day party. Somehow I missed the ACTUAL birthday festivities of the presents and HONESTLY BETS a rockin' baseball cake!?!?! but I hauled it out in order for the two silliest girls in the world to get photogenic :) And a few other kookie ones? how many people CAN you fit on Auntie's lap!?!?

There is a place near Betsy's that is a self-service dog wash... what? You take your dog in there, the tubs are all (well if you have the right sized dog in the right sized tub) ergonomically correct, the water, the soap, the blow dryer, the towels, the ear wipes, the teeth wipes, the eye wipes... are you getting my drift? Are all included in the price. $16 for our 120lb beastling which isn't bad for the girl who couldn't stand the stench of him anymore and the thought of cleaning my ENTIRE BATHROOM ceiling to nook and cranny when I got done bathing him would make me wait until we could use the hose... was worth it!!! We packed up the three girls, aproned them up and they dug in... well... Chloe and Sky dug in... Bri Bri... not as much but I have proof.. she got her hands wet!!

I love that Sky is in sheer bliss while Chloe, the princess is a little grossed out. This might have been the point where Husband told them they had to clean the hair out of the drain because the water wasn't draining. Chloe wrinkled her nose while Sky pushed up her sleeves and commented to Chlo as she hauled out the nastiness... THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE CHLOE! :)


As you can see... Rebound... not NEARLY as psyched as we were... :)


My other favorite part was when Rebound shook water EVERYWHERE, covering Chloe and Sky and the full on belly laughs started... Sky looked at Chloe and said through peals of giggles... "THAT'S the FUN part!!!" :)

It sure was worth it though for the finished product of a nice clean pooch and three soaking wet girls :)

2 comments:

der2jeter said...

Just want to say I was waiting all morning for the weekends pictures. I love them. Thanks for all the work you do on this. I enjoy going on everyday to see what's new. Can't wait for the rest of the pics...I should figure out how to send you a picture of the baseball cake. Thank you for thinking it was great. B's friend Caleb from college thought it was great too. He's a baseball player as well.

TracyMichele said...

Self-serve dog wash? Can you make pancakes there as well? hehe.