Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dinner with da' 'rents

It went well... I still think they are living in a dream world but they are managing. They both said it was good for them to get out tonight. Kinda like respite. We'll keep doing things like this. I just don't know how they are doing it. How my MOTHER is doing it. Wow.

Here's some prep work for the Apple Pie Bars that Husband took on as a challenge and ROCKED!
The dinner table. You can see that Husband has food on his plate already so he was LESS than thrilled when I asked him to get up to take the pic! :) He's such a good sport though!!! (and I'm sure he didn't mean it when he said he was returning my Christmas gift!! ~ the camera!!)
There were TWO desserts... Mum brought a frozen cranberry pineapple pie... I think she's the only one that ate it. :) Whoopsie. Husband and I offered "courtesy tastes" (to steal a line from Rebecca :) But the highlight of the evening was the above mentioned dessert. This thing is taking up my ENTIRE stove. It's HUGE!!! :)

Up close for Tracy and Laurie... Snow shoes. Isn't it what EVERYONE talks about after dinner?
Now here is the question... WHO do I look MORE like... I tried to make the same smile for both (it's L's fav. big teeth, no eyes smile) :)

Dad....

Or Mum.....

And a little shout out to Hong Kong tonight, or is it morning... or tomorrow? I don't know I'm so confused with time changes! :) Regardless fun chatting with you D!! :)

2 comments:

TracyMichele said...

Um.. is there someone standing in front of the stove in that top picture? I can't quite make out their legs... why can't I see their legs? OH! I bet someone is being sneaky and wearing camo. BWAHAHA.

Thanks for the close-up, still waiting on the recipe. :)

Deanne said...

Those bars look awesome! Recipe please.

Thanks for the shout out. :)