Thursday, February 14, 2008

I love this man....

Happy Valentine's Day....

I'm not a HUGE fan of the day myself and Husband and I do not spend loads of money, he doesn't send flowers or buy me chocolate, I don't have a wild and crazy singing tele-gram sent to school (though that might be fun one day) but we do celebrate. We found what works for us is.... being home. We love to have a nice meal at home together and typically our nightly dinners are a little more "upscale" than I think most families but we both enjoy to cook.


We especially enjoy being in the kitchen together....so Valentine's Day tradition has become.... a good steak, asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. Dessert fluxuates year to year. Sometimes we have it, sometimes its fancy, and sometimes we skip it. The most important thing I think we both realize is that it is not just February 14th when we show one another that we honor, respect and love one another... but that it has to be a 365 day commitment.


Husband is amazing at this commitment:


He brings me coffee in bed every morning
He takes care of my car
He gives me a hug and a kiss before he leaves for work every day
He makes my lunch every day
He centers me
He helps me fold laundry
He puts away his own laundry :)
He shovels the deck in the winter
He plows the 1/2 mile dirt road we call our driveway :)
He mows the lawn in the summer
He calms me
He tucks me in every night
He goes back down stairs to get a snack if my sugar is low
He buys me 1/2 and 1/2 when I am almost out because... well.. see #1 :)
He is grounded
He sometimes buys me treats when he goes to the grocery store on his own
He grills (can I get an amen girls!?!)
He wakes me up when he comes to bed to check my blood sugar
He spoils me with Danskos
He is constant
He likes to cook dinner with me
He calls me when he is away on "boy trips"
He checks in after school everyday
He is smart
He emails me during the work day to see how my day is going
He maintains our garden
He is humble
He makes homemade salsa
He manages our finances
He helps my family, taking care of wood for my grandparents, checking in on them, helping out my Dad when needed
He takes care of his Mom's snow removal
He prays for me
He goes to Dr's appts with me
He puts up with my moods
He "deals" with the fun new digital camera
Etc., Etc., Etc.......

He loves me....and I know'd it.

2 comments:

TracyMichele said...

What a nice tribute! And amen to the grilling, sista! :)

~ Laurie said...

Sam's waving to you and sending nice slobbery kisses your way....

And yes a big ol double up amen on the grilling!