My bullet list of reflections on 2008...
- We said goodbye
- We spent time out of state to regroup and process and be loved on by friends
- We had loads of family time and Bball time with GA in the month of February
- In March we welcomed Tribble, Husband got rid of the 1st of 2 nasty kidney stones and you all laughed at me taking pictures of it
- April had us questioning our sanity, got my MIL playing the Wii, we had to say goodbye AGAIN, and Rebound had surgery but there was evidence that spring was in the air
- and with that came May and the start of many trips here and the demise of my email because of my boss... which just encouraged me to find an alternative and the start of Chatting with Julia by "Almost Forever" that really my thoughts and reflections on that should be a whole OTHER post, and I let you in...just a little bit
- June is my favorite month... I can't help how much I LOVE my b-day :) or how much I love him and HIS birthday, I can't help how much I LAUGHED this night or how unBELIEVABLY proud I was this weekend...or how blessed I felt here
- Summer sure is fun....and beautiful and mostly a good time
- Even if my vacation was rained out.... I made the best of August with a little help from my friends and good 'ol country fun and tried something new
- We started off the fall and football season and BACK TO NORMAL SCHEDULED LIFE in September, we caught up with these guys before they went home, we made BIG (for us) purchase, speaking big... we had the first big screen movie night, we had more fun family time, and our first sleepover with Muffinman!
- October had us out enjoying the last of the sunny, outside for this pansy girl, weather at fairs, a "date night" with my BFF, my first experience with Beth Moore, and CountryMum turning 60!!! We also had more medical "ISSUES" with Husband :) Good thing I love him! LOTS. :)
- November sort of seems like it was so long ago...with all the holidays and all....but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that this little gem is with us now :) someone turned 18, we surpised MIL, and we hosted Thanksgiving! :)
- We had a spontaneous visit from these guys to start the month, we had to grieve with friends that really ARE family, we made memories again this year getting the Christmas tree, even if it did end like THIS, we survived the Ice Storm of 2008, and my little Muffinman is no longer so "little" *sniff, sniff*, we hosted a Christmas party, and enjoyed spending Jesus' birthday with our family.
I trust you will be able to look back over your own 2008 and see God's blessings on you in the midst of any hardship or sadness you had. He will sustain us and see us through. WE ARE BLESSED!!
Thanks for being along for the journey this past year. I look forward to 2009 with my eyes on the cross and a life with HIM that we can't even IMAGINE down here! :) I hope you do too!