Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All for them...

As soon as Tracy got home this summer she and her hubby started making plans to be back for Christmas. She suggested in passing that we ought to do a Christmas party and I'm SO glad she did.

Confession time: I used to host a "Ladies Ornament Swap" that I thought was so much fun and for a few years seemed to be a really good success... last year I had less than 7 women show up and I was really disappointed. I decided in my prideful way... "that's it. Not doing ANYTHING this year, not hosting ANYTHING...." Then T changed my mind....thanks Trace! So glad I managed to "get over myself" :) :)
There is nothing I love MORE than a gathering of family/friends in my home... EATING. It just makes me HAPPY!!!! :) L&L were there but didn't stay in time for the ornament swap so Papa H swapped for you SIL L... yikes! :) Kidding. You got the ornament I brought. I hope you like it! :)"Sunshine Family" :) So fun to have you over. REALLY REALLY enjoy getting to know both of you!! Thanks for being so willing to make the trek in the STORM on Sunday but being so flexible to come on Monday! :)It honestly would NOT be a party with out Mama H... she just EXUDES FUN!!!! Thanks for all the help both Monday night AND in the prep talks months ago :)Sad... no pics of Glory with her hubby or J.T. with hers!?!?! :( I promise the boys were there... :)All geeked up for the ornament swap!! :)We had SUCH an amazing time... thank you all for coming and for those that we missed.... Bets....JJ, J and CJ... Laura Jane....you'll have to work on Tracy to come home again next year and we'll make this an annual event :)

4 comments:

Mama H said...

Annual Event INDEED!!!!

Tracy~ Start planning your drive for next year...or better yet, perhaps the girls could plan a random GIRLS ONLY TRIP to TN sometime! SO FUN!!!

Country Mouse said...

OH I AM INNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Momma S said...

Thank you sooo much for having us to your party. We had a wonderful time! We have been blessed this year for many reasons, one of them is our new friends.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, you two!!!!!

- Cousin R. :)