Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow...Party...Snow...Party....Snow...

and party cancelled... :(

This weekend was all about the Christmas parties and snow storms... my pictures don't start until Saturday night but we spent Friday night getting through a storm that dumped around 6 inches on us while we were at a Christmas party in my "home town" with some friends of ours who have daughters that Husband coached... well...quite a while ago :) It was definately worth the trek in the weather to see that family and relax listening to funny stories and eating yummy food....
Saturday I spent taking CountryDad around Christmas shopping for CountryMum. It was his first day OFF of his 17 hours on 7 hours off, shift he had been on for 8 days....there were no pics from that trip because I don't think we stopped long enough. We started late, I spent all his money and we headed home early :) Just in time to get to the next Christmas party with....you guess who...?? :)
And look who learned to walk just days after his 1st birthday!!! :) Especially if Husband has a toy he'd REALLY like across the room :) ~ some one PLEASE comment on that hat of JJ's :) you KNOW you want to :)Sunday after church we spent celebrating her birthday and then the kids get banned from the kitchen while MIL, SIL L and Bets work on Christmas goody platters... WHOA there are a LOT of sweets on this table... I was in charge of decorating the little gingerbread men and ladies...I also put mySELF in charge of eating about as many men and ladies as you see on this table. Yum! :)What's a Sunday afternoon without a nap... :)Oh yeah, that's right... these FIVE don't DO naps... argh! :) But maybe little mister in the bottom left might want to think about one if it would help put a smile on his face :) tee hee heeOh yeah... and did I mention we got MORE snow?? yep... another 10-15 inches is coming down as I type and Husband is outside plowing, shoveling and WORKING....Have I mentioned lately how much I love him? I'm in here on the PC smelling pound cake cooking and in my PJ's while he takes care of outside... thank you baby. I love you and THANK YOU for all that you do for us around here....So....due to the weather...the Christmas party we were hosting tonight (mostly because these guys are here... :) has had to be post-poned until tonight (Monday) stay tuned for pics....can't WAIT....

1 comment:

Mama H said...

The picture of your husband COMPLETELY sums up the storm...lots of snow...lots of wind...and lots of work to be done!

Is it SPRING yet?