Friday, October 31, 2008

Husbands

Edited to link in the original site :) (Click on friend's blog (if....etc. etc.)

I saw this on a friend of a friend's blog (if you are that "friend of a friend" and want me to link you, leave me a comment :) I'd love it!) but it has been spinning around in my mind since I read it yesterday and I wanted to throw it out to all "my girls" as a little weekend challenge so to speak...

This comment was taken from http://girltalk.blogs.com/ I haven't spent a TON of time here but I am encouraged by what I have read and I hope you are too. Let's lift our husbands up ladies. They are our providers, our God given heads of our households. They are the only one who REALLY know us and love us by CHOICE anyway. They picked us. They (in most situations I would assume) asked US to be with THEM forever.

What blessed women we are. Pray for your man. Pray for your families and lift your man up. Regardless of your circumstances, your finances, your mood, your emotions, love on them a little extra. Bless them in the way that only you can. Be thankful for your Husband and let him know.

"Titus 2:3 exhorts the older women to teach the younger women. Today we can learn from four wise, older women—all have been married for more than twenty years—about ways each has learned to do her husband good.

One way that I regularly strive in to do my husband good is by not complaining about my work in the home, but instead embrace it with joy. We have a large family, and the duties that fall on my shoulders throughout the day are many.

Early on in our marriage, when I was just learning homemaking and trying to do a good job, I would feel overwhelmed by my tasks. With young children underfoot, I would be tempted to think that my husband should do more to lighten my load, even though he was gone all day working hard to provide for us himself. I learned then that I need to submit my heart to the Lord daily to undertake my responsibilities to serve my husband and family with a willing and joyful spirit.

I accepted the fact that it is not my husband's job to lighten my load, but my responsibility to take my "load" to the Lord and let Him lighten it by my finding that "the joy of the Lord is my strength." I have to remind myself that I am my husband's helper and not the other way around.

This is not to say that a husband should never help his wife, but when we embrace our "helpmeet role" with faith and vision we can better appreciate the way the Lord designed marriage to produce the most fruit. By my being efficient in housework, consistently training our children, diligently home educating them, teaching them to honor their daddy, and being a cheerful homemaker and wife, I can bring tremendous joy to my husband when he returns home from a hard day at work.

As Proverbs 31:11 says, "The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain."

Mary Happily married to Dan for 27 years and blessed with 11 wonderful children."


I'm taking my own challenge... and looking forward to it :) I love this man! :)

4 comments:

Mama H said...

I love it...I was just reading from Titus last night! Perfect timing!

Anonymous said...

Was it my blog? Feel free to link me/use pictures whenever! =)

Country Mouse said...

It WAS you :) I'll edit the post to link you :)

TracyMichele said...

Great post, CountryMouse.