Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Not quite how we had planned....

the night to go.... we had PLANS to go to Mama and Papa H's house to try a new dish... (yum BTW!) HOWEVER....(insert warning for those of you with weak stomachs.... stop reading now)

When I got home and Husband I went to get changed into comfy clothes to wear over there he casually mentioned that I needed to look at something on his shoulder blade that was causing him some discomfort.... yah think? There were TWO TICKS on his back... one was very small and I was able to get right off but the thing had been gnawing on him for a while and the 2nd was BURIED. I pulled most of its body out and the head was too far under the skin. I did what any girl who grew up in the country and who's Dad has worked outside his entire adult life did... I called my mother. She was very concerned and told us to immediately if not sooner, get to the ER. My father ended up calling us right back to talk to Husband and again stressed the importance of GETTING TO THE HOSPITAL.... eeeeee booooyyyyy. Not quite how we had planned the night to go but as you can see below I was more than willing to cooperate :)While this one is making jokes and pretending that his joints are starting to stiffen and he's coming down with Lyme Di$ease as we sit there... yeah. He THINKS he's funny....Again... (insert sarcasm) HYSTERICAL (end sarcasm) If I only had $1 for all these lovely little bracelets Husband has collected over the past year... and I'm telling you the MAN DOES NOT GO to the Dr. so the fact that we've been to the hospital this many times.... again... eeeeeee boy.... So a N.P. came in, dug around in his back to get what she COULD (oh yes, totally left part of the tick in HIM!) Threw on some bacitracin (sp) and a band-aid and sent us home. All the while making us feel like IDIOTS for being in there. Nice. Real nice. Lady, I grew up in the woods, we LIVE in the woods, we have a DOG who PLAYS in the woods, we pick ticks of the dog, we've picked ticks off EACH OTHER we are not here because we are WOOSIE! We are here because there is a red puffy circle on my Husband's back!!!! She gave us two doses of antibiotics and shooed us out of there. Funny when I told Glory the description of the N.P. she knew JUST who I was talking about... grrrrrr....So 2 hours later we were headed to see the H family.... aaaahhhhh good food, good friends and a great margarita. It's amazing how much better life can look.... :)

Their pooch is a funny one.... Oh yes, here he is....
And clearly P.Q. had so much fun with us he just couldn't stand it anymore... :)

Thanks H family for taking us as we were AND 2 hours LATE :)

6 comments:

~ Laurie said...

Seriously they left part of it in there???? NOT GOOD!!! NOT GOOD!!!!

Mama H said...

Very fun times indeed! PQ and Mooch was EXHAUSTED after all the excitement. They both slept like rocks through the night...LIFE IS GOOD! :)

Mama H said...

WERE...I meant to say WERE!!!

(PQ and Mooch was EXHAUSTED)...WERE...WERE...WERE!!!

Apparently, I'm a little exhausted as well. Thanks again! :)

Janna said...

Uuuummmmmm... I think S got those ticks at our house! Sorry:-)
Yet another adventure! Tell S I said he's a wimp for going to the H... ask him when he gets his cast off!
Hahahahahaha!

Janna said...

BTW... that's one scary pic of you:-)

Country Mouse said...

eh... he was at L&L's the day before so I'm going with 24 hours... and no longer.. don't FREAK me out :) Pic: you love it! :)