Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mama vs. the Wii, Birthday and of course Muffinman

Improptu Thanksgiving meal, a birthday party (not that there are ANY PICS OF THE BIRTHDAY GIRL????? HOW DID THAT HAPPEN....???) and my MIL played Wii... what?

Ok... I know you...and I love you... but....I WANT MY MOMMMMMYYYYY!!!!! :) This is the face that comes out at random times lately when people start talking to him... its also the face that causes his Mama to call him a drama queen :)
Fun with the camera....
I tried to capture this on film for TiTi....he's about to pop it back OUT of his mouth but he IS A THUMB SUCKER!!! :) When he's not chomping down on the rest of his fingers, hand, fist....:)And here's where it all went down.... I mentioned here....and here... how this woman amazes me over and over again, last night... it happened AGAIN! :) I told her we wanted to get her playing Wii... specifically BOXING against my Dad... she balked at first but the next thing I knew JJ was off giving her a tutorial so she could try to get one up on my Dad... oh she cracks me up and WHAT A GREAT SPORT she was!!! Honestly, I think she could have taken him but he was just about breaking a SWEAT to try and knock her out! :)


So she took a break. :) And opted for a sit-down game of... GUITAR HERO!?!?!? :) WHAT?! :) Oh yes... Mama... rockin' it out to the hard rock songs from the 80's! I LOVE this woman! :) What didn't get captured on film (thankfully) was the cow racing in which SHE KICKED MY BUTT EVERY TIME! I mean EVERY TIME!! :) Cow racing is apparantly HER game! :)
Meanwhile... someone was getting a little sleepy.... yes... Muffy was too... :) Husband hasn't been featured for a while... so if you don't like gushing... fast forward. :) The man cooked a TURKEY while I was at work. He cleaned the house and got it "company worthy" and he helped pick up after dinner? Isn't the rule, if you cook, you don't have to clean? Yah. I'm spoiled. Love him!!
So this was taken.... just to rub in TiTi's face.... oh yes... we walked and talked and then he passed out! :) I DID IT!!! I HAVE THE TOUCH! I think I have graduated from TiTi's school of baby whispering!!!! (course watch, next time... he'll be screaming the whole time! :)

Last but not least.. my Mum brought over some flowers to share with me that her co-workers gave her at her going away party (she is all done working!!!) There are features and benefits of the Grandparents at the 'rents... Nannie is WICKED allergic to anything that SMELLS. Pretty much. :) so I get to enjoy them!!! :) Thanks Mum!!!

5 comments:

ayellis said...

Wow, Scott's mom is one of the last people I'd ever expect to use a Wii. She should be hired to be on their commercials or something...haha...

also: check out my failure of a blog for the thing you asked my sister to ask me to do. way to be round-a-bout.

TracyMichele said...

Looks like lots of fun, love and laughter. WOW.. so great! And I am loving that COW RACING was an option at this party. Would we expect anything less from a birthday party in the middle of NOWHERE!? hahahaha.

So lemme ask ya: If you approach an intersection at the same time as a cow.... never mind. :)

~ Laurie said...

the muffinman is SO cute.... how do his parents feel about arranged marriages???? J/K!

der2jeter said...

WOW...WAY TO GO MOM! I spoke with her last night and she didn't even mention it. So this must be her secret pasttime! :)

Country Mouse said...

Kidlet: Funny huh! :) I went to scope your blog... posted a comment or two... :)

Trace: uh yah. zip it. You love a good game of cow racing :) and the cow ALWAYS has the right of way :)

L: yah. I'm with you! :) I'll see what I can do :)

Bets: she tells L that she is all locked in when L calls her every night but then she unlocks and I think she secrectly goes to J, J & CJ's to practice cow racing! :) she was a WHIZ!!! :)