Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ringing in the New Year

Welcome 2008....this is how we spent it...

Husband got up sometime after 4AM because he was kissing me goodbye by 4:35AM to go ice fishing. Oh yes, it is the opening day of his FAVORITE season. The man loves to stand around a hole in the frozen water and await the precious flag...I don't get it but I knew it going into this marriage so I don't complain (often) :) And certainly not on opening day! :)
L&L and I (and of course the kidlets) typically go shopping on New Year's Day...no one is EVER there and the deals are usually great.... but we had some bad weather approaching so we decided to stick close to home... they at theirs and me here... I got motivated, did all the laundry, washed, dried and took care of most of it. I did 2.5 hours worth of ironing and I got the kitchen clean and the downstairs vaccumed. I am feeling REALLY good about my day... oh yah, and before all the house work.... Rebound and I spent some time outside....


A view from the living room tonight... Husband is back out on his way to plow our yard and off to take care of his Mom's.




3 comments:

~ Laurie said...

What? Where is the pic of the back of your fridge???? :)

TracyMichele said...

Dude!! I just put on a sweater because these pictures made me cooooooooold. brrrrrrr. Y'all need to get rid of some of that white stuff! :)

Deanne said...

Julia,
I'm loving your snow pictures. We don't get much of that over here in HKG. I'm so glad you got a camera. ;)