Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just "stuff"...

I'm a big advocate of "count your blessings". I have a lot to be thankful for... really. Someday I'll have to do a post of JUST that... but the past couple of days have been trying. It's not all fun and games all the time is it? :( Doesn't mean that God isn't good ALL the time but sure is hard down here going through the trials. Struggling here in our little bubble....but His faithfulness will sustain us. I was looking for some scripture today and came across this verse that to be honest if I HAVE read it before (which I'm sure I must have but can't remember) it never hit me like it did today...

II Corinthians 1: 3,4 ~ Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God

Mr. Y said in church on Sunday, when talking about his wife's illness, the old phrase goes "Misery loves company" but he spun it different and said "Misery NEEDS company". We NEED each other. We need to be able to rely on one another and lift one another up in prayer, encouragement and sometimes just having a good time by escaping the "misery" for a bit.
My blessings....

No comments: