Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesdays in the WORD

"Do you try to manipulate your husband by crying, bully, or verbally attacking him??"

Proverbs 14
1 The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.

To be honest... I mean why at this point would I be anything BUT right?? the paper of notes I am looking at is SO worn that I'm honestly not sure if there was a verse listed or if he talked about the entire chapter... after reading the chapter I'm pretty sure he must have refered to verse one...

My friend passed away this past week. The weekend was spent at her visiting hours and at her memorial service. I thought about that verse and how at her memorial service the Pastor preached on Proverbs 31... and how my friend Patty was a Proverbs 31 kinda gal... what a legacy to leave behind. I kinda chuckled because I thought how she STRIVED to be that kind of a woman but how embarassed and humbled she would have been by his selection of scripture and the truth that was spoken at her service. She WAS a wise woman she DID build her house and she strived NOT to be foolish...

Back to the point at hand... I don't doubt that perhaps in the early years and maybe some of the later tougher years perhaps she struggled with this. Patty was a realist to me. I know I struggled. Moreso in the early years but we really haven't had it "tough" I don't think... yet.

This is a good reminder that manipulation is sin anyway you look at it. Our men are here to "provide and protect" as Mrs. S just told me :) and how can they do that if we are CONSTANTLY dragging them down, crying, annoying them and attacking them??

2 comments:

mykids4hisglory said...

I would also like to add silent treatment as a way to manipulate...guilty as charged...that's usually my tool of choice...I'm not proud of it AT ALL...I just think I take the "if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say it at all" thing a LITTLE too far....:o)
I LOVE your Wednesdays in the Word, CM!!! xo

Anonymous said...

Inspirational. Thank you.