Wednesday, September 26, 2007

And another THING!

I said in my last post... there were two things... here's the other...

Road Rage ~ how do YOU feel about it... how do YOU deal with it?

I don't like to merge. I'll tell yah that RIGHT now. I like to be in the lane that is going straight so that I don't have to bend or compromise or wriggle my way into a line of traffic that really doesn't want me there... I want to BE that person IN the line of traffic.

Yesterday on the way home from the Dr's I was in that straight lane. I know the drill in this particular area. I know the lane next to me is going to end. I am happy in my straight lane. I see a minivan behind me with no one behind her so I think to myself... phew. I'm good. No need to merge, compromise or move out of my nice straight lane. Apparently "minivan broad" had other ideas... she put the pedal to the metal and the next thing I knew she was pushing me into the center line and we had run out of two lanes... I was literally being "pushed" over into on coming 5 o'clock traffic on the most dangerous road in my state. I had to give. My life was flashing before my eyes. She wedged herself in front of me, I glance in my rear view mirror and sure enough there is NO ONE behind me and a line of cars in front of us. She almost killed us!!! For no reason. Its not like she could move FURTHER up the line of traffic. So, I did as anyone in a road rage situation would (should) do... I laid on the horn. For about a 1/2 -3/4 of a mile I just laid on the horn. It was at that point I saw heads bobbing and weaving about in the back of the minivan. HER CHILDREN WERE IN THERE. SHE RISKED LIFE AND LIMB FOR NO REASON and LIFE AND LIMB of those that had no other option but hang on for the ride.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!!

I had a friend once who said... do you want to get there fast or alive?

Uh....ALIVE please!!!!

1 comment:

TracyMichele said...

Agreed! There are few things more annoying then a poor merger of traffic... like people driving the wrong direction in the parking lot. Oh you do not want to get me started. LOL.

Happy you made it to your destination alive.. here's hoping she did as well.