Wednesday, June 30, 2010

UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE: Wednesdays in THE WORD...

There have been some things swirling around in my mind... in my circle of friends, in my extended circle and the one after that...

Wives...how are you treating your Husbands? Do you respect him? Do you show that out and about? Do you show it in private when you are alone and the kids are screaming or you are running here and there?

How am I treating my OWN Husband?

I really think that God is laying on my heart sharing some wise insights from my BELOVED Pastor P who has since passed away...but he was my Pastor for 19 years that made it through my teen years and then married me to my best friend... I think he saw a LOT :)

Starting next week and I hope for the next few (8ish) weeks after that I'm going to share with you some notes I took during a sermon he preached LONG before Husband and I ever GOT together about ladies RESPECTING your Husbands... it now is a little skriddy piece of paper in Husband's Bible and I ran across it a couple of weeks ago right after witnessing some "newlyweds" not treating each other quite right...

Now do NOT mistake this for Country Mouse having it all together... that is BY FAR not the case... it is only just little nuggets of truth that I don't want to hold onto just for me and also a GREAT reminder for me... you also need to understand that I LOVE LOVE. Literally... anything that has ANYTHING to do in the Bible about me being a better wife I am ALL ABOUT IT... I love LOVE.... Ruth... yeah... pretty much one of my fav. stories... :) sad how she lost her first Hubby but COME ON... getting Boaz... he sounds fairly hot to me and what a sweet sweet romantic story :)

Let me know if this is striking a chord with you. Leave me a comment. Open yourself up and examine your own marriages. Those that are not married... tuck it away. Trust me. I did. You'll need it later. Those that were married in the past...and sadly are not anymore... leave a comment about what worked for you and what didn't. You still have MUCH to share with those of us who are in the thick of it right now with kids, homes, jobs, in laws, etc. Share. Let us learn from you.

Next Week: Do you speak to your husband in a condescending tone?

Proverbs 21:19 (NIV) Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.

Let's discuss.

4 comments:

mykids4hisglory said...

Unfortunately this is something that I struggle with...I do have to say through prayer and guidance from GREAT Godly women I love I have changed my attitude about a lot of things and that has made a WORLD of difference!!!
I know I'm not the only woman he has contact with...I don't want there to be someone out there that gives him the attention and affirmation he's looking for...that's my job...that's my JOY!! God gave me my husband and I need to honor and preserve that relationship. It's constant work but in the long run it's SO worth it! Great post and I look forward to Wednesday's challenge!!!!

~ Laurie said...

Sometimes we speak the truth into our own lives as we speak it into others lives ~ these are reminders we all need to hear! Thank you for doing this!

Mama H said...

Agreed...gentle reminders are always good. :)

Thanks for reminding us ALL of the importance of such a simple task. :)

~*~Heather~*~ said...

The scripture I come back to again and again when I'm not acting like the Godly wife I should be, is: 

Proverbs 31:10-12 
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. [11] Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. [12] She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.  

This leads to the following examination in my attitudes:  Am I exhibiting noble character?  Am I bringing my husband good, not harm?  It's not easy to admit the answer sometimes, but I do have forgiveness when I sin, from
God, and my husband. 

It's a life long process of change and grow!