Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July

We have so much to celebrate on this holiday and yet we are so removed from what actually went down in history... time does that doesn't it?

I'm thankful for my freedom and I'm thankful for reminders that MAKE me thankful...when time can sometime make things seem so removed...

Husband got the email below from a girl he didn't even have in class last year... just one that he reached out to and said hello to every morning... one that he paid attention to (and gals, isn't that just everything in 7th grade?) and a girl that he has had a profound impact on just by being HIMSELF...


Hi Mr.Carbone!
I hope you are enjoying your first two days of summer. The reason that I am e mailing you is because I wanted to share with you that L and I participated again in Relay for life again and we had another luminary lit for you in honor of your fight with colon cancer. Here is a picture of the luminary! I hope I will see you at S P Ice Cream this summer. :)
K
 
It's good to remember, to celebrate and to be THANKFUL.

No comments: