Monday, August 18, 2014

BB = Before Bedrest

In order to TRY and play catch-up (and for those that "steal" pics off my blog ;) let's label this post "Before Bed rest" and then the next one "After Bed rest"? and just for times sake (since I have a glorious 45 min. of the house to myself) let's do captions :)
 
We spent a Sunday afternoon at Husband's cousin's home at a local "island"....



The kiddos had a blast! The weather wasn't great but we made the best of it for SURE!

"One time... at dance camp...."

On Minnie's "Bucket List" this summer was a water ski show with Mama H and her family... we looked and looked but didn't see them (I guess they WERE there we just missed their crew) But I packed popsicles and we made the best of a family night...





Speaking of Family... CountryDad had a SLEW of it in town over the course of about two weeks. It was a BLAST...



Remember that part where I wanted girls with dirt under their painted finger nails? I got it. For SURE!


Father/Daughter

More of the crew...



We also had big plans to take Pheebs to a Sea Dog game... it lasted all of about 45 min. before they wanted to leave, get a drink, a snack, and then finally, go to the mall! :)


Fun while it lasted though!



 
And then there was the surgery....

oh yah, and more extended family time :)





Then we had what should have been a glorious 4 days at a lake house with TWO black labs... and it was... minus the part where the dogs didn't stop barking and the "way" to the lake was so treacherous I thought for SURE we'd be back in the ER... but... the boat was great, the water was glorious...





and the view was STUNNING!


Minnie swimming to shore after jumping off the boat!


if only it was as quiet and serene as this pic makes it look... course then I wouldn't have the two BIGGEST blessings in my life right? :)
 

Husband had a friend to come and fish with him...
 



Fun times for EVERYONE :)


and when we got back we found the CountryRents!!!




 
It was helpful to put these pics up... we did try to make the best of it with Husband's leg... and we certainly didn't have a "normal" summer but I wonder... will my gals even notice? I think not...
 
We are blessed.

No comments: