Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Upstairs Bath Renovation

I have had a list of projects swirling around in my mind... the time has come. MAMA IS GETTIN' IT DONE. Watch out family. :)
 
I have LOVED our Master Bath for 12 years. It was just time to "clean it up" a bit. The boarder was starting to look a little worn and let's be honest... the bathroom needed a good cleaning that can only happen when you repaint ;)

I started this project on Tuesday after Labor Day and it was complete (as far and putting everything back on the walls) on Sunday. Not a bad turn around time BUT you gotta think that I was "trapped" in that bathroom therefore... where were the little people?? :) The timing of this project was not great. But... it is finished and I'm OK with how it came out....



The first gallon of paint (can you see the lighter color next to the blue painters tape? Looked a bit lavender...I was going for grey... So I had to take it back and have more black added...


I think that made it look more "blue" and it really isn't the color I had envisioned but I'm going to work with it (because let's be honest, I HATE to paint, I'm NOT very good at it and who has the TIME to do it over?)

Have I ever mentioned I hate messes? I do.
 
So on Saturday I worked from about 8-4:30 and on Sunday AM Husband helped me put the mirror back and I got everything reorganized.

Still don't have a shower curtain, rugs or pictures. (I had white frames with art in them above the toilet so I'll just use the frames with different pictures) but I'll do another post when EVERYTHING is together. :) Husband also said he would trim out the mirror for me in white. I think it will really finish it off :)
 
*Special shout out to CountryMum for ANSWERING my questions, the Home Depot run and the encouragement :)
**Side note, I used Valspar paint per a recommendation from a PAINTER and while I don't have MUCH painting experience I was not psyched about it. I def. didn't LOVE it and I don't think I would use it again.

No comments: