Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Moving forward...

I've started... I've started cleaning out itty bitty baby clothes... and reorganizing totes with sizes on them 3T and above.....

It breaks my heart. I literally SOBBED over the totes. Minnie came to me and kept giving me hugs and telling me it was OK. I LOVE to throw things away...I love to clean out, I love to chuck, I love to GET RID of things... but baby clothes....not.so.much. apparently.  
 
I've been crying over these clothes for about 13 years.
 
When Sky was a baby, SIL L was pulling some things out for a friend of hers at work who was expecting a girl... I lost it. Right there in the middle of L&L's living room 9 years before I even knew I'd HAVE a baby girl... never mind TWO of them...and SEVEN years before I'd try almost anything to get them...
.

In my defense... it was THIS sweater she was going to give away...
 that sent me over the edge :)
 
 But baby clothes, memories of teenie tinys and having to part with that chapter that is behind me has been a bit of a mourning process. Husband asked me while I was sobbing on the loveseat "so you want another baby? giggle giggle chuckle chuckle" uh... NO... I just don't want the two I HAVE to get ANY BIGGER! :)
 
I am SO thankful to SIL L for listening to my sad heart so many years ago, for the Lord for giving me these two BEAUTIFUL girl babies to PUT in these clothes and for NEW babies to WEAR the clothes some more :)
Levi and Chelsey's baby girl PJ
 
  and for sweet tender
thought-she-was-done-sleeping-on-me
moments in the middle of the afternoon
 

No comments: