Friday, November 28, 2014

Minnie Turns FIVE!!!!

Sweet Minnie, I feel like five is SO SO SO old... I've tried and tried and tried but there is just NO stopping this whole getting bigger/growing up thing...
4th Birthday (and also Thanksgiving 2013)
I am trying to see the positives :) and making EVERY moment count... soaking you up... like the part where we get more 1x1 time to hang out in the afternoons because you are not napping everyday. You still have some quiet time in the den reading books or playing quietly but then after an hour I LOVE snuggling with you in my bed watching Hallmark Christmas movies (OUR FAVORITE ;) or your favorite 19 Kids and Counting. ;) You are still my VERY VERY social butterfly and you love to have some place to go, someone to see or have someone to host someone in our home. You truly have grasped "the more the merrier" and that makes Daddy and I happy.
roughly 4 1/2
You LOVE anything to do with outside play, going for walks, riding your bike in the neighbors driveway, playing on the swing set, playing in the SNOW!, ice fishing, going with Daddy to get wood (because it means you get to ride in the truck in MY seat :), sledding and anything else that means you get to be outdoors. If..... Mom is with you. The mood has to strike you just right to go out on your own accord or be convinced to go post-afternoon-rest... because you'd rather... play dress up in the den, cook with Mom, annoy play with your little sister, color, draw, and write your name.

It's a toss up... but I'm not sure if you like Tuesdays the best when we go to pray at church and follow it up with the library, or Fridays best because we have pre-school co-op in our home with your friends, or Sundays best when you get to go to Sunday School with sweet K and praise and worship the Lord. I'm so happy and overwhelmed that these are the days of YOUR life. You are blessed my little one...

I love seeing your personality flourish, even when I can see lots of myself in you and the things that are "challenging" shall we say? :)
I only want what is best for you my girl and I pray everyday that I can guide you in the way of the Lord... You are FANTASTIC at memorizing Bible verses. You are SUCH the perfect firstborn and I want to help mold that into you doing great things for the kingdom of God!
 
Some randoms... you love pizza, Hannaford Mac 'n Cheese, cucumbers, any sort of fresh berry, homemade bread but biscuits are your favorite, yogurt, vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles, plain pasta with butter and chop suey. You are wearing size 6 pants and shirts and size 13/1 shoes. Your winter boots are big but they are a size 2. :) Yipes! Everyone who sees you says "she's SO TALL!" or... if they know your family... "she looks like SKYLAR" :) You are now at the point where you sort of come to expect it and you just smile and nod your head :)
two days before turning FIVE!
So never forget that we love you. Sometimes Mom can't even form a sentence that properly represents my love for you, so I just keep on rambling in a meager attempt to capture my feelings about my daughter. The bottom line is this: God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed you in our lives, and we are so honored to be your parents.
 

2 comments:

Carol said...

Well said, Julia! It is SO hard to believe she's 5 already!!!

Nikki said...

You made me tear up! I don't want Myles to be 5 yet... :(