Monday, January 26, 2015

What's LOVE Got To Do With It?

In the past few months, DIVORCE has been all over the news (celebrities) and the option thrown around in my circle of friend's marriages. One of my favorite authors, a couple of my favorite celebrity chefs, and most recently an actor that I always admired for his not-in-the-limelight spouse and the way he portrayed himself as a family-man.

Can't ANYONE just STAY MARRIED anymore? I know this is nothing new under the sun but as thoughts of anniversaries and commitments and vows have spun around in my head...

These two...

41 years today...
 
that's a lot of FORGIVENESS, grace, mercy, therapy, understanding, patience, wisdom, persistence, grit, adoration, selflessness, sacrifice and then... love.
 
A legacy like this doesn't happen without the Lord, without hard-work, and without SELFLESS-SACRIFCE. This family has not had it "easy" but we have had amazing examples of what it is to put God first.

Happy 41st Anniversary CountryRents. Thank you.
 
 
Marriage IS work but I LOVE it. I want it. I want to push through. 
It is selfless... but isn't He? (John 3:16) It is forgiveness... but didn't He? (Matt 6:14, 15)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Beautiful, Julia!!! He makes all the difference in the world! So thankful that you love Him as you do!