Friday, May 12, 2017

A Few Weekends ago....

I had the privilege of attending a Women's conference at a neighboring church....
 
I had this privilege because of the sweet lady between Liz and I... her Momma...
 
she has been a presence in my life for ALL my years and she treats me like a daughter. She tells me like it is and she spoils me with things like tickets to a conference that I might have made every other excuse under the sun NOT to go to but needed to be AT. She is a blessing to those around her and points it all to the Lord. I just happened to be the lucky recipient :) (again) of her love!

We listened to Priscilla Shirer tell us (or yell at us ;) on the importance of prayer, on the necessity of turning our focus from being "cheated" from something (life, health, money, kids, a husband, our expectations) and CHOSEN to do whatever God has called of us in this moment....(more on that in a bit) and on how to "dig" into the living, breathing, WORD.OF.GOD.
 
How blessed to have this "sister" that no matter WHAT; is MY.SISTER. for all of eternity.
 
The part that I keep camping on (and you all know I DON'T.CAMP.) was this passage from 2 Kings 5:1-14 that she based her message on....
 

The part that the Lord kept putting on me was... 1) the raiders had taken a young girl captive....(um... can't even imagine Minnie being TAKEN from me, can't imagine that Minnie can imagine that either) but yet... 2) she SERVED her master's wife AND... SHE HAD BOLDNESS to share the GOOD NEWS of a CURE with people who had taken her out of her comfort zone, out of what she thought would be her life and gave them the HOPE that there would be a cure for his disease.
 
Don't we as Christians get sucked into the "this is NOT what I had planned for my life" but should instead be looking for ways to point people to the Lord? Are you acting like you are "cheated" or are you acting like you are "CHOSEN" to do what HE wants you to do... if it is sharing Jesus to someone on your same path or living in a way that people would wonder why you are different (in a good way ;) and pointing them to eternity. We only get one shot at this.
 
There were LOADS of friends (and almost family ;) there and it was such a JOY. So thankful for time spent and those that made it all possible.

No comments: