Thursday, November 10, 2022

Remote

On Tuesday, Election Day, our district was closed and the kids were home "remote". They were sent home with packets of work to complete, an option to get on Zoom and asked to bring the work back the next day to be marked present... this was how she started... but it is not how we ended up... I think my poor girl had a version of PTSD. She wanted to start her work on Monday night... but as we got further into the evening it was almost like she regressed to when we HAD to be remote. Poor gal... I told her to pack up her things for the night, get ready for bed and watch a little bit of one of her favorite shows. In the morning she was in tears before I was finished my first cup of coffee... I explained that 1) she needed to eat breakfast and 2) I would help her and 3) this was NOT like the other time... it was one day, we were headed out and about for a dentist appointment and to get groceries... AND we had plenty of toilet paper... which of course made us both giggle... but I chatted with my school social worker and said if my kiddo was like this what must it have been like for other kiddos who had very REAL traumatic quarantine experiences :( 

Thank GOODNESS for SUNSHINE, SUNROOFS AND SMILES as we headed out for Minnie's dentist appointment... she finished all her work, played outside with her sister and we made it through... 

This guy to snuggle with helped too :) 
It is sometimes easy to forget that this has been my kid's childhood... they had their schools SHUT DOWN... the WORLD shut down... and while we loved our family time and tucked in time it was a very scary and traumatic thing for them...

No comments: