Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whatcha Readin'?

My Women's Bible study has been on hiatus for a few months... fall was a crazy time of year for most and then going into the holidays we've been "on a break" (I hope my "Friends" fans get that... :)
BUT....Come early this month we are BACK AT IT LADIES... with a new study and rumor mill is a new member. :) I'm excited to start digging again and you all know I love ALL THINGS HUSBAND...and this seems like a perfect fit for me right now. Husband does not care about a clean house, the laundry done or dressed and bathed babies... but he DOES care about a happy and rejoicing wife. Gonna work on THAT for 2013 :)

so... in addition to that I've hauled out One Thousand Gifts again....you might remember we read it for book club back in August of 2011. It seems that contentment, thankfulness and happy are all things that the Lord is putting on my radar as of late... "I hear yah barkin' Big Dawg..." :)

I also want to start pouring through this book again. It has sort of found its way UNDER my bed (Tracy, no judging about there being things UNDER my bed :) and I WANT to finish it...

Also, a book that I've had for YEARS but truth be told, NEVER read it is Love and Respect. I know a lot of my peeps have read this, gone to a conference and/or done a Bible Study with this book and have gotten a TON out of it... I'm hoping for the same....

And lest you all think that I'm all about deep/soul-stirring/growth this year... Please keep in mind that THIS PUPPY shows up once a month and OH HOW I LOOK FORWARD TO IT! :)

what are YOU reading this year??

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been reading Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. It's been a good read so far!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1600061419

TracyMichele said...

1) We were on a BREAK! hehe
2) I shivered a bit thinking about under your bed. Guess I'll tackle that when I visit in April. :)

Country Mouse said...

oooo Nikki I have heard good things about that as well...

TMA April...yiiiiiipppppeeeeeeeeeeee

~ Laurie said...

Just finished Nehemiah study by Kelly Minter for the 2nd time in 8 months! Love that study!


On my list to read is Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst

capener said...

Oh I have many similar books to read that you listed as well... I have also been reading... Hope for the weary mom where God meets you in your mess. It has been a good read for me!... Looking forward to study time again!!