Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 ~ A Year in Review...

I don't do this every year but more and more as of late I've been finding myself needing to focus on the GOOD on the THANKFUL and on the how things have "worked together for GOOD..." so I thought this might be a good exercise to do just that...

Remember who came into the world 10ish days LATER than we all thought he should? And remember, me in that picture snuggled on the couch with my girl looking just as sick as her but none of you knew WHY yet... :)

But I told yah on Feb 1st publicly here on the blog...and we had so much fun telling the "kids"...

Minnie also got her first haircut and had her first sleepover in Feb!

In March, CountryDad turned 60!!!!!!!! Minnie ditched her bink AND started swimming lessons...AND WE FOUND OUT MISS B WAS A GIRL!!!! We enjoyed 70 degree weather and an hour at the beach in MARCH...unheard of in Northern New England

April brought Track Season again, silly Minnie-isms and loads of doctor appts. A ton of sickies, more warm weather and a Def. highlight... a surprise visit from GA!

In May the "big girls" came home from college, the sick started to go away, Minnie started turning more and more into a little girl vs. a todd-lah :) and we just hung on for the ride... May/early June is a tough time here regarding schedules and being 30ish weeks PG this year was a rough go some days...add in a bunch of birthdays, State track meets and Mother's Day and you should have just committed me to the funny farm...

But... it brought June where we were able to celebrate even MORE birthdays, play outside a TON, go camping and Minnie FINALLY got a battery for her Jeep and the den started to come together into a playroom. We also celebrated the impending arrival of Baby "Nacho" at Laura Jane's baby shower! Who wouldha thought that back in Dec '11 we'd sit across from each other at breakfast and BOTH NOT ORDER COFFEE....:) So happy for that girl who has embraced wife hood and motherhood with open arms and a VERY open heart.

July was just one month away from meeting Miss B and we were nutty busy with Dr. appts in the big city, getting things organized in the house and getting loved on by friends and family. Baby "Nacho" made his appearance, Tamarah and I just kept getting bigger and bigger and more uncomfortable :) and oh yah... Husband got a serious case of TWELVE KIDNEY STONES! We tried to keep our heads above water (pun intended) since we spent most of the month in L&L's pool!

and then.... AUGUST! BY FAR my favorite month of this past year... I cannot imagine a sweeter gift after 9 months of "I.HATE.MY.LIFE." sick, fat, blood sugar craziness... it was time to hunker down, enjoy our gift, adjust to life as a family of four and watch my body just have the pain travel as it adjusted to Miss B's life OUTSIDE it. :) Miss B's friend Baby O made her debut, Husband and I celebrated 11 years of LOVE by staying in :) and he went back to work...much to my chagrin.

In September we enjoyed our friends more with trips to the apple farm, outside festivals and FAIR SEASON. I lowered my expectations of what I could get done with TWO kids that DO feel like 600 children MOST days and Husband coached soccer. Minnie ran another "race", I met Baby O and Miss B met the Walk-ah gals for the first time!

October kept us busy outside with trips to a pumpkin farm and getting back to story hour at the library. We were overwhelmed with love from our friends and Minnie decided this was her new favorite song. Almost 3 months later and it's STILL her favorite :)

In November we had a three MONTH old AND a three YEAR old. The DEN was COMPLETE, we hosted Thanksgiving and got ready for Christmas. We did what we feel is right to try and ensure there will be no more babies and I snuck out for a movie night to finish off the Twilight series and felt like a rebel leaving the house when it was DARK OUT! Laura Jane and I made the trek to see Heidi Bree and so that she could meet Baby Nacho before he started school :) *wink, wink*

And ah... December... filled with parties, family, friends, playing at home, decorating the house and learning about Baby Jesus. Sleep deprivation setting in, Husband had another kidney stone surgery and we all looked forward to Christmas.

Reflecting on the GOOD parts of the past year do help me to see the light in the sometimes dark days when I focus on a little girl that doesn't want to take a nap or gets sassy... a baby that is crying and growing too fast for my liking... and relationships that have deteriorated.

CountryDad often says "I'm only one guy" and I think that this year I'm going to focus a bit more on that for my own family. "I'm only one girl" and though I want to be everything to everyone and do everything for everyone I also need to "protect my bubble" as my cousin Jessie's Uncle says... make some new traditions for my own little unit, and protect what I can of my schedule, my family, my heart and ultimately "my bubble".

Oh yeah, and of course lose those pesky last 15lbs so I can fit into my summer clothes.

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: