Monday, August 15, 2011

A weekend FULL of fun...

with NO pictures....well... except this guy :) Whom I HAPPENED to have DATE with on Friday night!!! Minnie went to visit with Pheeee-beee and then "Yiz" took her home and put her to bed for us... what a GIFT. I love this trading system that we have worked out and Minnie does TOO :) Husband and I tried out the new burger joint downtown in the big city and we were BIG fans :) Remember when ALL my blog posts were about things like date nights and pictures of just US? :) Lucky YOU we had Minnie huh? How bored the three of you that actually READ the blog must have been :) hee hee hee

Saturday night we entertained some new friends. Husband had one of their daughters as a student, the other daughter was on his track team and their little son... who will be starting school this year is Minnie's new BOYFRIEND I'm afraid :) The poor kid is painfully shy and Minnie was ALL up and in his business, holding his hand, playing with his hair and showing him how she could peel the stickers off her 4-wheeler. I'm sure he was impressed. The part that got ME was that she took him out into the woods. Well... he stopped on the edge of the woods and then watched HER go ALONE, deep into the prickly bushes, IN A SKIRT, (and a Gut Deer t-shirt) BAREFOOT....to pick blackberries. Why does the phrase "you might be a redneck...." seem appropriate here? It was a great night with new friends and enjoying food and conversation.


Sunday afternoon was the 2nd and last book club for One Thousand Gifts. I had sent out an email to about 20ish of my girlfriends in June and got a pretty big response for reading the book. We had our first meeting a couple of weeks ago at Liz's house where I'm sad to say that I didn't take a picture of the FOODY table and then we finished the last chapters discussion this weekend. What a great time of fellowship, sharing and FOOD. Seems the general consensus is that there should be another book if only for the food :)


A great weekend of great company, great conversations and great memory building. I sure do enjoy every minute.

2 comments:

TracyMichele said...

My thoughts on this post:
1) I still like to see photos of you and the Husband. It's good to know you're keeping the marriage on top of the priority list. <3
2) Five burgers: eeeew. (LOL)
3) I DO recall someone making fun of her friend when someone learned her friend was in a book club. ahem. ;) Maybe someday I can join you and your friends... but not until the snow melts. hehe.

Country Mouse said...

1) Thanks for the encouragement :) We need it sometimes
2) Was YUMMY :) Don't knock the red meat! :)
3) Yes, well...said friend also came with a cat and lived in her mother's basement. How far we have come.... :) bring on the snow :)