Friday, August 12, 2011

It's all about the kids... AND Nana/Mrs. Tractor/CountryMum

I've already mentioned MORE than a few times about my disLIKE for the beach. I am a lake girl through and through. I mean, I DREAM of the lake. Oh wait. I have a sign that says that in my HOUSE. I have framed pictures of a lake on the wall in my home and I even have a dead, stuffed FISH from a lake as a decoration. The ocean. Not.So.Much. HOWEVER....I do try to appreciate the fact that I have it at back door AND that the people I love, LOVE the beach...

Thursday, we woke up to iffy weather but it seemed to be clearing out pretty quickly so I called CountryMum to see if she was in for a trek. She knows ALL the beaches, ALL the spots, and even pays to park so we get the best of the best. I felt like a PRINCESS getting out of my car and walking literally 20 feet to the sand. Wow. Such EASE with little ones. Not to mention the clean potty, outdoor showers and SNACK shack. Doesn't hardly sound like the beach does it?!?! :)

The weather was still fairly cool for the day so Minnie actually never even took off her cover-up, Nana stayed in her sweatshirt...



and this crazy girl was the ONLY one who really got WET. Other than a quick walk to see a never-showed-up-train ~ and eating lunch ~ she was in the water NON-STOP. No pics of that though because I was too busy trying to figure out how to make my beach towel into a winter parka. I'm not kidding.

See. Doe-Doe did it. :)

I told Daws, ack... I hate the beach. He asked "Why do you come then?" I said... because all the people I love, LOVE it. They all had a GREAT time, therefore... so did I. :)

No comments: