Wednesday, September 25, 2013

100th Anniversary

I've gone to my church since I was... well... forever. When I moved to the "big city" I went to a couple different churches up there but then I started traveling back down to my home church just to catch a hug and a "how are yah" from... my future Husband :) 30+ years that I've been here and 40+ for Husband. Celebrating the 100th anniversary of people who have gathered in this building to worship was pretty cool!
 
The two ladies dressed to the nines in the middle put on the whole show! They delegated, organized, dreamed, planned, executed and the day was AMAZING because of them!


During the worship service Pastor had previous Pastors or their wives get up to give little testimonies of what they remembered about their time in that church. It was really special!

Speaking of special :) After church we had a pot luck lunch (I mean, what's a church function without a pot luck?) :) and then all kinds of fun and games!

"pony" rides (uh... please note how big the draft horses are being USED for pony rides :)

a bounce house...



and all kinds of fellowship with family and friends....






Oh yah... and the little one in her sad little splint...

good thing she has Cam-Man taking such good care of her!

an amazing time of celebration, memories, fun in the sun and remembering that God never changes. He was the same 100 years ago as He is today and will be in the next 100 years.

No comments: