Saturday, December 6, 2014

Minnie's 5th Birthday Party

She was surprised by Daddy's creation from Mommy's vision...

her very own TEE PEE! It got some extended play (mostly by Miss B surprisingly :) before we had to take it down for SPACE :)

I do love me some Pinterest but in the case of a Pocahontas party they were lacking for ideas...Apparently Pocahontas is the LEAST loved Disney Princess. With the help of my family, friends, some time on the internet and running ideas by Minnie we came up with things to go along with the "theme" :)
 
Tribal face painting of course....


Party favors with trail mix and water color paint. The tag reads "can you paint with all the colors of the wind"

The birthday cake on top of a tree stump (thanks Husband!) the candle is a tea light that I tried to make into a "camp fire". I was able to find a 3D Pocahontas HERE and Husband created her for me :) I made a tee pee out of scrap fabric and wooden skewers. Grass tip courtesy of Liz and brown food coloring in a emergency courtesy of Fletch! :) Thank GOODNESS for neighbors! :)

This was a LITTLE bit of a reach but it was a HUGE hit... I dipped marshmallows in melted chocolate and then crushed graham crackers for" bite sized" s'mores. We also had fruit kabobs from CountryNana, molasses cookies from Mimi, little pigs in a blanket from TiTi, pretzel sticks and "Phoebe 'nack" per Minnie's request.

In addition to the face painting I had a station set up to make leather bookmarks but it was a little too tricky for the kiddos so that was kinda a bust. We had a headdress making station set up in the den and that seemed to go pretty well :)

Minnie was BLESSED beyond BLESSED by her family and friends



and I can't believe that God chose US to be her parents... I bet she can't either when she sees this picture when she's a teenager :)

My VERY happy five year old!


and Miss B wearing Minnie's 2nd birthday dress :) (and actually Miss O wearing a Minnie dress as well :)


one of my favorite parts was dumping my pictures onto my computer and finding THIS little gem :) I love my family and I love it when they make me giggle! :)
A GREAT happy birthday for my "big" girl!!!
 

No comments: