Saturday, March 7, 2015

Dad Date

When I was 13 years old my Dad took me on a date. A fancy restaurant in downtown "big city"... I even ordered the scallops. I couldn't tell you what we talked about or what I wore but I know that I got to go on a date with my Dad. And eat scallops. (I have a thing for food. ;)
 
Last week Husband needed me to run an errand for him that required a "big truck" and a trip to the neighboring state. CountryDad said he'd go and CountryMum piped up to say she'd keep the girls. SAY WHAT!?!?!? ADULT CONVERSATION AND A TRIP WHERE I ONLY PACK SNACKS FOR MYSELF!?!?!? :)
 
It was about 5 hours (who's counting) of complete AWESOME! I got time ALONE with my Dad, in his BIG TRUCK, he took me out to lunch, I got to hear funny stories about work and we got to talk about other "life" issues. I'm a lucky girl. Honestly... best day of my MONTH. For sure. (and I do a lot of "fun" stuff! :)
 
Some girls don't get the time that I had with my Dad and then they make poor "men" choices for the rest of their life... I got the best Dad EVER which led me to the best HUSBAND ever.
I pray only that and MORE for my girls.
 
 
P.S. Happy Birthday CountryDad




No comments: