Sunday, February 14, 2016

Saturday: Part 1

My sweet Hospitality girls went along with my selfish desires to celebrate love, weddings and dig through everyone's photo albums. It was SO MUCH FUN! :) We hosted a brunch and allowed Mama's to decide about bringing their daughters and these four just had the BEST TIME. I love how different they all are and yet how much they enjoy each other's company :)  
I asked the little/unmarried gals each a question when they came in... none of them heard each other's answers and I LOVED what they told me...
"What part of your OWN wedding are you looking forward to the most?"
Lana Age 6: wearing the dress
Lizzie Age 11: cake in the face :)
Kendra Age 5: wearing the dress
Phoebe Age 6: the cake
Bri Age 16: "both my uncle AND my Dad walking me down the isle"
Minnie Age 6: (ah... my girl) THE PARTY!

On the days when my girl ONLY wants to wear skinny jeans and t-shirts and NOTHING else, it drives me crazy... on a day when I say "are you sure you don't want to fancy up.. all your friends are wearing party dresses" and she says... "nope! I want to wear my long skirt!" I love it. I love that she knows what makes HER feel pretty and she doesn't care what anyone else is doing :)

Beautiful generational pic... Liz with her Mama and sweet Pheebs with her Mama and Memere!


speakin' of generations :) Minnie is just SO blessed to have such GODLY women and wives as her Grandmothers to look up to. So blessed.

A wall of wedding....

Silly and fun! :)

the girl on the left is 16... she is wearing the dress of a lady in our church who has been married for 66!!!! years... she told us all of her love story, how she and her beau met and what a blessing and treat it was for ME ;) I loved every minute of it...
 
January 22, 1949 when the dress was first worn....
 
Such amazing examples of marriage in my close circle at church... and in my life. I LOVE love.
 

No comments: