Thursday, November 16, 2017

26 Years...and less than 3 weeks...

Last year I was supported beyond my wildest dreams by my family and friends to "celebrate" the anniversary of my Type 1 Diabetes diagnosis. I hadn't really given any thought to doing another "blue streak challenge" until about 3ish weeks ago some people in my bubble were diagnosed.
 
JJ gave me permission to blog about the fact that at 36 years old and from out the BLUE (pun totally intended) he was diagnosed with T1D. Crazy. He's "too old" but yet here he is doing shots, checking his sugar, pump shopping and counting carbs... he found out at about 4:45 on a Friday night less than 3 weeks ago... 4 days later this little guy...
was admitted into the local children's hospital intensive care department because he was so sick. He is the other kindergarten class at my girls school and is besties with sweet Miss O from preschool.
 
How could I NOT do another challenge? 
 
Sweet Miss Dayna donated her hair dressing expertise AND all 40 of the blue extensions. She was on her feet in my kitchen for over 3 and 1/2 hours.
  
I had over 50 people (including kids) in my home showing support for Chase, JJ and myself. We were overwhelmed with love and financial support.
 I would not wish this disease on my worst enemy never mind my amazing little brother or this sweet 5 year old boy. But these guys will overcome, they will NOT be held back by this disease. This year was such a privilege to raise money again for the Maine P-Pods who help families through this T1D 
challenge.
 
 
After all... EVERYONE has SOMETHING...

No comments: