Monday, November 27, 2017

Momma Got a JOB!

It has been a good run (thank YOU Husband!!!).... almost 8 years ago to the day I closed up my office on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and knew I would never come back.... Minnie was born that Saturday and maternity leave started... The life of a stay at home Momma began...

But the time has come for Momma to go back to work... I started hunting this summer, applying for part-time positions in and around my town... and even had a lead in a law office to be an admin. The attorney and I hit it right off but she had JUST hired someone the day before. She said she still wanted to meet me because she had heard good things and we connected about all kinds of things that day. It was the end of August.

September was of course overwhelming and in addition to all the loss, the back to school stuff and life in general, I was also on call for jury duty... for TWO MONTHS. The timing was not good.

While I continued applying around I also started substituting... working in the school offices in our district, the kitchens and occasionally the classroom. I am NOT meant to be a public school teacher. :) I do NOT have that gift...

About two weeks ago I got a call from the attorney. She left a message on our machine stating that she wanted to chat with me about some opportunities and asked if I could return her call...

I met with her two days later and today... I start my NEW JOB at her office as her support staff. She agreed to my hours of 9AM-3PM Monday through Thursday and her office is closed on Fridays.

I feel like it will be a really good fit for our family.

I'm excited to get back to an office setting but will definitely miss my joggers, jeans, and sneakers. Thank goodness for CountryMum, her fashion sense and the CountryRents financial generosity ;) I am a spoiled girl :)

Let the next chapter begin... and can someone please tell me when the maid is going to show up and do all the housework and laundry?? :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

So, off you go. Praise the Lord for such a wonderful arrangement!!! I looked through the past several posts since the "genes" one just now. And, per usual, I got choked up and teary-eyed for some reason. Love you bunches and am proud of you! Miss you!!