Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Part 1 ~ The LONG Weekend Report: SURPRISE!

On Friday we told the girls it was going to be a weekend FULL of surprises... different things everyday and we kicked it off on Friday night with dinner from McD's for them... Miss B even got a HAPPY MEAL!!!

I REALLY wanted to go to a local greenhouse that I went to last year with MIL and Aunt Nancy... I had to psych myself up so that I could even THINK about getting OUT of the car. I have not been.... ANYWHERE.... I told Husband before we went to bed that I wanted to be there when they opened at 8 and I could just throw clothes on... no need for a shower since I was planning on coming home to plant straight away. I woke up in the morning and told Husband I was gonna need a shower since the whole night I had been tossing and turning and kept waking up in a wash of sweat.... so anxious :( 

I got myself together and Sweet MIL came with us so we could all tag-team the gals in the car... stopped for Dunkin for the gals (Surprise) on the way and I was doing OK-ish....until we came around the corner and I saw this....

8:08AM the parking lot was FULL, people were parked up and down both sides of the road and the line went on forEVER....I FREAKED. Nope. Not getting out. We turned around, tried another place that didn't open until 9 and I said just take me home... :( 

The next surprise on the agenda was to be a part of the birthday parade for the gals friends Lana and Laurel. They had no idea until we were on the way and it was so fun to be a part of waving, poking our head out of the sunroof (Miss B) and spreading cheer to two sweet birthday girls.... after that Husband suggested trying a couple of greenhouses near there and it was Uncle's for the win... it was not busy... maybe 3-4 other people, I could see my kids the whole time and they had my potato vine....It was not nearly what I had envisioned in my head for my annual trip to pick out flowers but finding joy in what I WAS able to get....



Miss B asked me at some point early in the weekend if ALL the surprises were going to be FOOD (I love that girl) but I assured her they were not.... On Friday night, snuggling on the couch she started itching some scratches on her shoulder. I asked her the RHETORICAL question of how she got them and she said "Kaydee"... I said do you mind? She of course said no... I said "when are you going to get to see her again?" at this point she kinda got sad and said "I HAVE NO IDEA... CUZ MRS. W IS GOING TO CAMP THIS WEEKEND!!!" (kinda irritated... hee hee) little did she know Mrs. W wasn't going to camp until Sunday so THIS happened on Saturday... 

She was SO SO happy.... 

Kaydee got to meet Defense AND Husband and of course she loved them both... I mean who doesn't? :) 

So much fun!

No comments: