Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Part 2 ~ The LONG Weekend Report: SURPRISE!

On Sunday we did some online churching... and then I had the gals make cards for the Social Worker at my school. I have never met anyone who lost their husband in active duty and what it has done to my appreciation level has spilled out onto my children. I have ALWAYS respected our freedom, understanding that it came at a cost and appreciated those that have lost their lives, HAVE served or CURRENTLY serve. We often express our gratitude to our neighbor who retired from the military. I have family members who are still in active duty but I have never had a relationship with someone who lost her person in that way. It has opened up a lot of conversations here that might not have intentionally happened. 

There was some 4-wheel riding....

Baby Redneck...

And the surprise of the day... I FORGOT to get full PICS of...if you look closely you can see the donut in this picture and the box on Miss B's lap in the one below... but we went to pick up our Walmart order and surprised the girls with pool floats for Aunt Nancy and "Bob's" pool. Minnie got the sprinkle donut

and Miss B got the ride on unicorn (I mean... of course)
Their faces are covered because they were being silly "safe" in the car with Mama while Daddy went into Shaws. They also had just finished caramel shakes (Surprise!) from DQ and *might* have been on a sugar rush! :)

THIS project got finished this weekend too!!! BEFORE:

 AFTER!

All of us helped and it didn't take long at all... Husband is going to rebuild the shed doors (hopefully this week) and I think I'm going to stain the new ones the same so it will tie it together. So thankful for all the projects that were completed this weekend!

And GUESS what we did on MONDAY!

We scooped up MIL's bike and she followed us over to Husband's school so we could zip around on bikes. This is NOT something our family usually does unless we are in Rangeley ;) So the gals thought it was SO much fun! We had the place virtually to ourselves... there was a lady running right when we got there and then an older couple walking when we just about done... 


We all had SO much fun!

So thankful for this guy that just goes along with crazy ideas like "hey let's surprise the girls with something EVERY.DAY." :) 


SO THANKFUL for my crew

Monday night... ah... finally a moment.... Husband and I managed to "hide" for about 10 minutes before "they" found us ;) But we wouldn't have it any other way... 

Such a great weekend.... all things considered.....

No comments: