Monday, July 4, 2022

Master Bedroom Renovation

Remember when THIS happened...twice!? I really wanted to tackle this project last summer but I think after the gals bedroom we were SPENT.... BUT we have done NOTHING to our bedroom in 20 years... not that much needed to be done we really only hang out in there when we are sleeping but still... that carpet.... come on....It was TIME.... we knew it was going to be a HUGE undertaking and cost a LOT of $$ but it was time....I was done work on Thursday, and on Friday (June 17th) the gals and I started hauling things out of the den because they REALLY don't hang in there to play anymore and Husband and I were going to need to move in.

They got rid of SO MUCH STUFF! I was so proud of them. Especially my little hoarder Miss B :) 

Husband got home on Friday afternoon and we hit the ground running Saturday AM. 



This might be the only "Before" picture you get... but other than the laundry and the bedskirt askew... it's pretty spot on...

We completely moved out of our room... I thought it would be easier than trying to maneuver and move furniture 800 times....

Plus... some of that stuff Husband hadn't seen in 20 years... a good purge for all... 



The first Valentine's Day card from Husband while we were still (and might I add newly dating). I loved it so much I used an overhead projector, about 5 days and a handful of paint markers to have it permanently on our wall... so... hrrrm... NOW what to put up there?

Feels like camping... no overhead fan, no sound machine... no A/C...pulling clothes out of suitcases

Saturday afternoon Husband and I ripped up all the carpet and padding and the gals loaded it into the back of his truck for the dump...

and then we pulled staples... eeee booyyyy the staples... they are not the worst of it.. but the carpet pad that gets stuck under so that you can't SEE the staple and you can't figure out where it is to pull it.. Minnie ran the broom and dustpan and Miss B and I spent about an hour and 1/2 pulling staples....

It definitely wasn't fun but they are good sports...


Husband ripped off all the baseboards (we needed to slide the flooring under them)

and I got busy cleaning out heating units and hand painting the top of the register (it doesn't come off) and we spray painted the rest of the units white (I also did the kitchen and mudroom from our projects this spring because they had not been finished)



We picked Glacial Stream... SUPER SUPER DUPER light grey and neutral enough to match with the teal master bath that I still love so much....

and on Monday AM Jess showed up by 7:30, we snagged paint and hit the ground running... well.. they did....

I might have been distracted... 

Pounded it ALL out except cutting the ceiling a 2nd time and rolling the walls a 2nd time before lunch...

a good "Cutter" is HUGE when DIY painting

Husband finished cutting the ceiling on Monday afternoon....

and we tag-teamed rolling the room on Tuesday AM...

and then he started on the floors....


and I CRASHED.... COULD NOT get out of my own way... down.for.the.count. SICK.

but obviously he didn't need me... Man is AMAZING... HOW he knows how to do this stuff is just BEYOND ME.... I mean seriously.... who can put this puzzle together, make it square AND look so pretty? 

This was end of the day Wednesday. Thursday we gave the poor guy the day off :) 

So I did this.... we had to paint ALL the baseboards he had ripped off to freshen everything...




and he got to do this :) Love it!
Friday he hit the ground running again... lots of notches, weird cuts and funny angles and by late Saturday afternoon it looked like THIS....

so.much.work. 

But on Sunday afternoon we were BACK....WHOOPSIE... FORGOT MY BEDSKIRT! :) Not the greatest "After" pics. I still want a rug under a major portion of the bed to cozy up the space and some art on the walls so maybe stay tuned.


So just to recap:
Emptied bedroom
Ripped up carpet
Pulled all staples
Ripped off baseboard
Painted ceiling
Painted walls
Painted nightstands
Painted window sills
Painted baseboards
Painted heating register (top by hand, pieces that came off spray painted)
New flooring
New curtains
Moved everything back into the bedroom

SO SO HAPPY that project is DONE!!! ESPECIALLY since we were getting it all ready before this guy :) 




No comments: