Thursday, July 28, 2022

Oh Barkley

 

On Monday night we went to track practice as normal... but I did not feed the boy at practice so he ate dinner a little later than normal....he woke up at 2:45AM crying to go out and immediately pooped once Husband got him outside. He was up again around 4:50ish but I shushed him knowing he didn't need to potty but by 5:10 he was gagging and trying to puke... looked mostly like salvia but definitely had us up and out of bed... Husband took him outside and he pooped again... and kept trying to poop... he ate breakfast as excitedly as normal and wanted to go back outside... at this point we knew something was wrong... his poop had changed to diarrhea and after a few of those just water with blood....

To say that I FREAKED would be an understatement... my mind ALWAYS goes to worst case scenario but can't you blame me? (Colon cancer, spider bites, leg injuries, broken arms... I mean come on) I was CONVINCED my sweet boy had swallowed a stick, it had pierced his intestine and they were going to have to cut him open stem to stern. 

Turns out it was just a little tummy bug from either smelling or tasting something yucky with spores that messed up his belly. A good visit since it was a new vet to us and we also had questions about how much he was eating... .bumping that up too to get some meat on him...

He has def. turned the corner but I was FREAKING out I love this little guy so much! Really hoping this one isn't prone to upset bellies but also REALLY happy for my new click together bedroom FLOOR! :) 



No comments: