Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Wanna Catch Up?

 HAPPY NEW YEAR! Picture OVERLOAD... better get some coffee... gonna be a doozie... 

Kicked off the break with the annual trip to see the light show with MIL and pizza back at home. YUM!


The next morning we zipped over to see the puppies again... I mean how lucky are we that we get to SNUGGLE Bernese Mountain Dog puppies... I mean come on...


and THIS GIRL CAME! HOORAY!!!




After puppies Sky took our gals so we could skip out in a MONSOON to grab a few last minute things... being out in the storm did not make me happy but hanging with this guy almost alone... awesome!

Weight check for Barks! 

On Saturday not ONE... NOT ONE picture taken at the CountryRents where we ate a yummy breakfast and hung out with JJ&J and the boys... opened presents and didn't notice at ALL that they had no power... between the wood stoves and the generator... could have fooled anyone... was a nice AM... we got home in time for me to snag a nap... still not feeling 100% myself... and we headed off to our family tradition of a local church.... See Miss B up there on stage?? :)

How about now? Cream cozy (made by MIL) right in the front? :)

They were asking kids to do parts and even though she wanted to she did not take those hands out of her pockets to volunteer :) 

Came home with KFC and Christmas jammies... 

Gals woke up and Miss B turned the fire on the TV for me.. :) We sipped coffee....
Opened everything....
and RELAXED all morning!!! It was AMAZING!!!

We got ready and headed for church and then I ran home to walk the pooch and pack him back up to take him to MIL's. This may be the only proof I was present for Christmas... :)





On Monday, as is tradition, MIL, SIL L and I headed out shopping. This time Minnie came with us, Sky, Daws and Josie!!! I have wanted to replace the rug in the mudroom and FINALLY found one. Too bad this guy loved the new rug so much he nibbled off the outside edge so MIL had to fix it!!! Grrrr.... 
After the crazy storms we had the lawn was COVERED in sticks... so the gals and I raked and picked up EVERYTHING... I just wanted to make sure that if it does EVER snow again and my Maine kids get to sled and skate like they want to they wouldn't be impaled with sticks :)

and then there's this. Miss B and I had haircuts and she was explaining to Miss Dayna how she had a chicken that was not doing well... Miss Dayna said it probably wouldn't be long... next AM Husband found her... stiff as a board... I told him he couldn't leave her in there incase the others started pecking at her... he was headed to bball with the gals and when I took Barks outside... I saw where she ended up... oh Husband.....

On NYE we had the usual suspects... minus Daws and Josie who were working their last wedding of the 2022 season... Minnie and I put out appetizers... hahahahaha (those are definitely cheese poofs NOT carrots)
and the games began....



MIL brought things for root beer floats because that is what SIL L, Bets and Husband grew up with on NYE....

and there were SO MANY GIGGLES....




and everyone in bed by 9....ish....

Our LAST day of vaca and we packed it in... 

I'm sad her face is blurry but they are so dang cute...

and speaking of cute... bookended vacation the same way we started... PUPPIES!

JOY.



AND THIS GIRL CAME... sadly to say goodbye since she had to go back to school... so thankful for the time we got to spend with her though...love her.



I was going to edit this picture but it would have cropped puppies and I just couldn't... I mean seriously... and there are two over near Sky in the orange shirt :)

So happy this guy came with!! 


Finished up with some lovin from Barkley's Momma and a trip to Freeport and the mall to finish up some returns and exchanges.... 
 
We are all back at it now and I think this guy might have the biggest adjustment.... only 4 days Barks... only 4 days....















No comments: