Monday, February 20, 2023

The best laid plans...

I had ALL kinds of high hopes to get started on my kitchen chairs... this restoration project has been on my "list" for oh... no less than 3 years or so but it just overwhelms me to even BEGIN... I do LOVE restoring furniture once I get into the project it was just GETTING INTO it that was the tricky part ;) So I gathered my supplies... and thought I would get 2.... but really FOUR done by the end of vacation....  

Nasty before pics....but I mean... they have probably only been SCRUBBED down once in 21 years with 2 kids and a gazillion dogs, a cat and a million friends and family sitting in them :) maybe not TOO bad...


ok yah... def. bad! This is the tub after I had rinsed most of the YUCK off... gross.
And here is the beginning... chair on the right has been sanded... chair on the left has not... my plan was/is? to stain the top of the chair and chalk paint the bottom black... I will do the same to the table... chalk paint covers poly so I knew I wouldn't have to sand all those little nooks and crannies...

Little did I know these nooks and crannies did not have the poly come off... :( as soon as I put the stain on I KNEW there was still poly on them... I could see it or feel it but OBVIOUSLY you can SEE it now...
I got so discouraged that I took one of the chairs and started TRYING to get more of the poly off but really... when I think about the fact that there are SIX OF THEM....
I think *THIS* will be a LOVELY option don't you?

No comments: