Saturday, March 25, 2023

Miss B's BAND Concert

 A little back story... Miss B made a VERY last minute decision to play the saxophone this year. We went rounds about it because 1) she missed the deadline 2) she quit playing piano 3) it's SUPER expensive to rent them but why BUY one if she isn't going to stick with.... but... the band teacher "found" one she could use for free... agreed to extend the deadline and here we are... if you DON'T do band in 5th grade... you cannot pick it up in middle school...sooooo OK FINE. She's been GREAT about it... very responsible with remembering her instrument on Tuesdays... practicing SOMETIMES... getting help from Mayson (who also plays the sax) when she was stuck on something earlier in the year... just very RESPONSIBLE with her instrument.

On Thursday night they had their first (in over 3 years?) ALL DISTRICT band concert. The place was PACKED... So every 5th grader, the entire middle school and the high school band was ALL THERE... factor in immediate families, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins..... it was a LOT! I was SOOOO nervous about parking, where we were going to sit and making sure that our crew all was with us... thank GOODNESS this is Husband's gym :) and we left oh... an hour and 1/2 early to drive 17 min. so that we could park... yep. I am CRAZY. BUT... we had GREAT seats thanks to Husband getting us VIP seating :)

And to say this kid was EXCITED would be an understatement... when I asked her how she was feeling she said SO EXCITED and nervous 

This is the end when all the kids played a song together :)

I mean, click this picture to see how happy her face is. Gosh I love her!

It was MORE than a PACKED house! All of the bleachers looked like this! 

Bode told me at school he was NOT sitting with Minnie and he wanted to sit between Husband and I... I would pull the moon out of the sky if he wanted it...I love this kid! :)
speaking of kids I love! Minnie ran over to take a picture of her besties!
I was AMAZED to see EVERY.SINGLE. administrator from EVERY.SINGLE. building in our district there... bus drivers... teachers... (my 5th grade teacher from my school brought her finance... pretty sure the 20 somethings could have found something ELSE to do on a Thursday night but the kids LOVED having her there). The Superintendent made mention of how he'd never been to an event with that many staff and I'm glad he did. It was a HUGE deal to the kiddos to have their community with them!

We were SO SO proud of our girl! I am happy she had this experience and even though I was stressed to the max... she had a GREAT TIME :) HAHAHA.... ask her if she's doing band in middle school though...she says she's not sure... hee hee hee I guess we'll see...

No comments: