Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful: Home

I am SO thankful for my home. I have a roof over my head, I am IN my home all day, everyday.

I am able to cook warm meals for my family, run my dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. I have HARD WOOD floors to sweep/vacuum/mop and furniture to dust.

I have pictures of my family and friends hung on walls all over my two stories.

I have a woodstove keeping me warm, oil heat when the stove isn't running and A/C in the summer to keep our bedrooms cool.

I have a giant dining room table that extends to feed those that come to my house.

I have ample floor space for babies to roll, crawl, climb and walk all over.

I have loads of windows to wash that let in natural light and look out to the woods surrounding my home. I can't see the closest house to me and I love that.

I have beautiful patio furniture to take care of for the winter season and evergreen to hang from my deck railings.

I am more than blessed and deeply grateful for my home... and the guy who made/makes it all it is. The BEST part of this house... are the two other people who live in it with me. It wouldn't be "home" without them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about being thankful for you home. I will miss this one as it was where I have had many years of memories of you and your brother. But I know that, even though we may move soon, our new home will be filled with love, just like our old one and I will have your Dad, for whom I'm especially thankful. CM