Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Week of THANKSgiving

1. Which do you like better: hosting Thanksgiving at your home, or going elsewhere?
I like BOTH! Since I am so fortunate that I am able to have both my MIL AND my parents together at the same Thanksgiving table we alternate hosting. This year it is MY turn... since last year....pretty much out.of.commission. :) 2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen turkey? Organic? Free-range?
Frozen...budget and what we've just ALWAYS done :)
3. Do you make stuffing or dressing? What kind?
Stuffing. MIL's recipe. Usually in MIL's actual PAN because it just tastes better that way but this year we'll use our own so that we can have hers when we get to her house at night for sandwiches.
4. Sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie?
Neither. No one likes it...
5. Are leftovers a blessing or a curse?
A complete BLESSING :) YUM.YUM.YUM.!
6. What side dishes are a must-have in your family?
Stuffing, mashed potatoes, jellied (from a can) cranberry sauce, rolls
7. What do you wish you had that might make Thanksgiving easier?
A maid. Just for the dishes :)
8. If/when you go to someone else’s house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it?
um...in the past I have brought cherry cheesecake but I'm pretty much the only one who likes/eats it. Still will probably do it again this year :)
9. What do you wish one of your guests would bring to your house?
The maid. Kidding :) They all bring whatever I ask when we host...so I can't really think of anything
10. What do you wish one of your guests would NOT bring to your house?
things with nuts and called a mold :) But I don't have to eat it and both of my Mom's like it so it comes :)
11. Do you stick with a particular menu from year to year, or do you mix it up?
TRADITION baby. Don't mess with a good thing.
12. Is Thanksgiving a religious or secular holiday in your home?
Most definitely pointed to our Lord and Savior
13. Share one Thanksgiving tradition.
No matter where we eat lunch Husband's family all ends up back at his Mom's house... the cousins all play in the living room and are band from the kitchen so that his sisters, Mom and BIL L can sort through the Black Friday ads and figure out their game plan. I LOVE that part of Thanksgiving. I just sit and watch (and throw in my "would you pick up this for me" :) now and again) but it is so much fun to whisper about what the kids want and are getting and listening to the game plan.
14. Share one Thanksgiving memory.
It had to be last year :) so out of it, exhausted, puffy, itchy and having no idea I was less than 24 hours from going into the hospital to have Minnie. Crazy.
15. Name five things you’re thankful for.
HUSBAND, MINNIE, FAMILY, FREEDOM, BEING A SAHM

No comments: