Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Annual Hunt for the Christmas Tree

This year was bittersweet...bitter because we were of course missing GA AND missing our 3/4 legged best friend and sweet because Minnie and I didn't get stuck in the truck this year AND we brought along J.T.'s family! It was the first time they had ever cut down their own tree and they loved it :) What's not to love?? :) J.T. and I considered doing a buy one get one deal...while the guys examined, walked, and tried to figure out the BEST tree for their girls!
of course we stole the R kids again...it's tradition :)
and fun making new memories and traditions...
The T family deep in discussion about the "right" tree...
and "our kids" standing in front of our RIGHT tree :) Husband did a GREAT job picking this beauty out...


Minnie was a HUGE fan of 1) being outside and 2) being with her cousins ~ She had so much fun she didn't even TRY to take off her hat!! :) Miracle.
Meanwhile...:) hee hee hee
more on this Wednesday...what IS she so happy about?

uh..."WHAT just happened???"
ah....the "men" got the tree down!! :)
after we each picked our trees out we met back up for the traditional hot cider and candy canes...we threw the girls in for a cute LLBean shot...clearly they are impressed
Minnie: "hey, what's this in front of me?!??"
Dani: "SERIOUSLY. DUDE. LET GO OF MY JACKET! I'D GET YOU BUT I LITERALLY CAN'T MOVE!"
Minnie: "What's that? You can't move??" (insert evil laugh)

Dani: "I thought I'd be able to get you back...but I still CAN'T.MOVE. Mom!! Get me OUTTA HERE!!!"
AND to finish it off the traditional hot chocolate... and hey... another little friend. I planned ahead this year and asked Husband's BFF to meet us at our house to help Husband put the tree in the stand. I was getting sick of the "annual fight" and this worked out PERFECTLY :)
FUN DAY FOR SURE!!!!

No comments: