Monday, December 14, 2009

Someone had a birthday... the Weekend Report!

SOMEONE turned TWO this weekend... and although we didn't make it to his actual party (because Country Mouse is a self-proclaimed GERM-A-PHOBE) we did get to scoot over early to see the birthday boy himself and give him our presents. I honestly can't belive how fast 2 years has gone. I am def. going to be working on that potion in the basement that keeps them teenie tiny for longer especially now that I HAVE a teenie tiny... though I do have to say I might wait to give her some until she sleeps through the night :)

As is tradition, his Mama made him an AMAZING cake... of course it is a bus... the kid LOVES school buses :) well, and cars, and trucks and all things BOY.. I don't think she could have gone wrong with anything that had WHEELS come to think of it :) Minnie was all dressed up...
and the man started whipping the presents open...
He's such a good sport to pose in the bathrobe we got him... for about 2.3 seconds. You gotta be FAST with this one :)
but he did pose again with us for a little longer :) I love this kid.
and I love that HE loves MY kid :)
Sunday, Husband and I compromised and because I wanted to hear Glory sing (AMAZING AMAZING JOB. I love my friend and I LOVE her voice!!) but we really didn't want Minnie exposed to too much, Husband agreed to let me stand in the foyer during music and I left after. I still think it counts as Minnie's first time to church though so of COURSE she was dressed to the nines. I mean it IS God's house after all :) Hand me down sweater from Sky and tights from Sky that are probably sized 3T judging by the elephantitis legs my girl has :) Dress and bloomers courtesy of her TiTi, Auntie and Mimi :)
After church we went on the annual hunt to find the Christmas Tree. This year DEF. was just NOT the same... we were missing some people

Well, ok, maybe one people and one pooch... I stayed in the warm truck with Minnie and Husband took these two to go hunting through the forest for our tree. When they got back we snagged some photos... Sure did miss GA... sure did miss having Reebsie with us... Sure did miss not being able to truck through the woods, snow and cold with the rest of the fam... but next year... next year Minnie will be big enough to ride in her sleigh :)


Things always get a LITTLE silly with Husband :)

Great weekend, lots of down time, lots of family time and even a visit from the H family... no pics of that?? What happened there Mama H?? :) Whoopsie? :)

1 comment:

Mama H said...

She MADE that cake?? WHOA...impressive! Can she make me one for my birthday next year? It doesn't matter that I'll be 34, does it? School Buses never go out of style!! GREAT JOB, J!!!!!