Thursday, March 15, 2012

BIG goings ONS


Last week was a HUGE transitional week for Minnie ~ and us. I think she turned 10 overNIGHT. On Tuesday AM she bit through the side of her 2nd to LAST and not quite favorite but pretty close... bink. I told her it was unsafe now and we had to throw it away. She was ok with it. Wednesday EARLY AM she woke up crying in the middle of the night... 1ish? Husband was able to go in and settle her quickly (a gift I.do.not.have.) but at 3AM she was screaming again. Weird. That is NOT my kid. Because we only had a mere 2 hours of sleep left before the alarm we did something we, in 2+ years have NEVER done. Brought her into bed with us... She slept great. Us.... not so much. :) But when she woke up, with her FAVORITE bink, sitting in our bed... she again... bit through the side of it. I decided then and there... we were done with the bink. SCARY. Thankfully... after the rough night sleep and making a decision like that, we headed off to Mom's Prayer :) I can't TELL you what these girls mean to me :) but they just covered my girl in prayer to be strong and make it through nap, nighttime and the next few days. She did. We are BINK FREE!!!! Still a little rough sometimes when she is going down for her naps and to bed for the night... tears for less than 5 minutes but she doesn't even ask for the bink. I think it is just because she doesn't know how to settle without it. She'll get there. Big HUGE deal in this house where my girl has had a bink from LITERALLY day 1 of her life. :)

The other NEW thing she is doing...is "WIMMING WESSONS with Headder O'Mirror" :) She LOVES LOVES LOVES it! We knew she'd have so much fun but we just were not sure what she would think about a pool INSIDE...
she didn't miss a beat... water is water to our girl and she jumped RIGHT in :)

The "funniest" part for us was leaving MIL's house where we have to drive past Heather O's house... Minnie immediately welled up with tears and started to cry... I asked her what was wrong and she said... "I go to wimming wessons at Headder O'Mirror's house!!!!!" :) poor thing knew who her teacher was so why WOULDN'T they be at her HOUSE :) I quickly explained they were not in "Headder's tub" and we had to go to her WORK... :) Ah... the way those little minds work :)

No comments: