Thursday, March 1, 2012

A post for Heather F :)

On Saturday my girlfriends and I are getting together to "make" freezer meals... You make (in this case 7 meals) and take home your own meal and 6 others for your freezer... Heather F is coming to "scope" out how this all works and since I made mine ahead of time in my own kitchen (vs. using the church, which MIGHT not have everything I "need") I took pics for her! :) The assembly of SEVEN, white veggie lasagnas. TracyMichele... look away. There is so much dairy in here your belly will hurt just from looking at the pics :)

Homemade Alfredo sauce and the biggest stainless steal bowl I have filled with the "filling" (spinach, cheeses, spices and eggs to hold it all together) lasagna noodles, more cheese and veggies to fill the lasagna with...

In order to make sure I had enough filling for each of the 7 lasagnas I separated it out into 6 pie plates... more dishes but made it easier for me to make sure it was "fair" and that I had enough.

The first finished product.

They are all covered in foil with instructions on them and freezing in my chest freezer for Saturday, next to the pre-made cookie dough balls I have to go with. Because if the oven is going to be going, you mine as well bake cookies at the same time :)


I started in the kitchen at 8:30 and finished (meaning, dishes washed and taken care of, supper made for tonight, and multiple trips to the basement to get all the casseroles IN there) sat down with my own lunch at 1PM. Kinda time consuming but nice to have it all done!


See Heather... NOT.THAT.BAD. :)


p.s. I should also note that Minnie was off plowing with her Daddy so I did not have a two year old "helping" :) Made it go a bit quicker I think :)

5 comments:

capener said...

Looks great.. I used to do this kind of thing before kids and then when they were little..... Now not so much... but keep saying I need to make the time to make the stuff ahead..... :) Now I have to bake a bunch of stuff so the boys can eat while they are gone on a retreat with Brent for the weekend.... Darn food allergies! :)

~*~Heather~*~ said...

Thank you for the pictorial instructions :) Ok, it doesn't seem quite so overwhelming!

Mama H said...

I love it...GREAT POST!!! I'm psyched for her to 'see' it in action this weekend!

Kelly~ I wish the food allergy thing wasn't going on in your house because you could have totally been joined us! (If you want to come and cook for your own family on Saturday morning, feel free to bring your food and meet us at SWBC!)

Mama H said...

Grammar correction...I meant to write: You could have totally joined us! (Please ignore the word BEEN...hahaha...I'm trying to do 3 different things right now and my brain wasn't 'all in' while I was typing...hahaha)

TracyMichele said...

Yes, entirely too much dairy on that counter for my taste. ;)

I have always wanted to do this but with our dietary choices it is near impossible. Have fun, though. I know you always enjoy the time with the other women.